European and UK-based Universities in partnership with EMJMD opened an online applications window for the fully funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022 for all international students. So, get ready to apply for the 2022-2023 session of the prestigious Erasmus Mundus Scholarships.
These Erasmus Mundus scholarships are for students from all nationalities who want to study a master’s or a Ph.D. program in Europe.
As of 2022, 2756 Erasmus Mundus scholarships were awarded under this financial aid grant program. Selected scholars get a chance to study in three to four countries of Europe during the course of their study programs. The partner universities are all prestigious and are ranked high in their respective countries.
The Erasmus Mundus study grant is a fully-funded scholarship program that covers all the academic expenses of its recipients. It also covers the fee for taking IELTS/TOEFL etc. and reimburses for the visa costs as well. It is not required to return to your home country after the completion of your degree program.
In fact, Erasmus Mundus offers work visas to students who want to stay and work in Europe after earning their degrees.
Coverage Allowances of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship:
This is a fully-funded Erasmus Mundus scholarship that is awarded after a thorough scrutiny of the applicants. The benefits of this Erasmus Mundus scholarship package are as follows:
- Coverage of tuition fee for the whole duration of the program
- Monthly stipend of 1,000 EUR. This stipend is fixed and will remain the same no matter which country the candidate is living in.
- A travel allowance of 3,000 EUR a year. This allowance is provided apart from the monthly stipend and is given for traveling to another country during the candidate’s study program.
- Health or medical insurance.
- Airfare for traveling to and from the scholar’s home country.
- A work visa after the completion of studies in the candidate’s country of choice
Eligibility Criteria and Document Requirement for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Application:
In order to stand eligible and prepare documentation for scholarship application; please make sure to go through the following set of key points to get ready to start the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship application:
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language. They have to score at least 6.5 in IELTS and equivalent in other tests should they choose to take some other test. Duolingo English Proficiency test is also acceptable by some programs.
- Applicants must possess at least a bachelor’s degree if they are applying for the master’s program. If they have a master’s degree as well, it will be a plus point and will strengthen their profile.
- Applicants must be able to provide two letters of recommendation from their professors or employers if they are employed somewhere at the time of application.
- There is no requirement for GMAT or GRE.
- Work experience and contacting the professors for admission are not required either.
- Applicants can be from any age group.
- There is no minimum CGPA requirement. There are hundreds of applicants who have gotten the scholarship with a low CGPA.
- Applicants have to provide a certificate of residence to ensure the scholarship committee that they have not lived in Europe for more than one year. This applies to only the past five years. (Applicants could be living for more than a year in Europe five years ago.) This certificate is issued by the candidate’s workplace, educational institution, or municipal corporation.
- Applicants have to submit copies of previous degrees and mark sheets.
- A letter of motivation needs to be submitted as well. Some programs specify the word limit of the motivational letter, while others don’t.
- A study plan or letter of intent is required.
- Research proposal only needs to be submitted by Ph.D. applicants.
Application Process of the Erasmus Mundus Program:
Applicants are advised to follow the following procedure for applying to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program;
- Go to the official website of the Erasmus Mundus program and find a program of your choice. You can contact the program coordinators as well to ask any questions. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship application link can be accessed at the far end of this article.
- Follow the application procedure, like filling out the application form, and submitting all the required documents.
- The last date of applying to the scholarship varies with every program. But usually, the applications close during or right after December.
The list of degree programs available on the Erasmus Mundus website has very untraditional names. So you may need to look for similar-looking degree programs. Open the programs that interest you and read their description and eligibility requirements.
You can apply to three-course programs at most for Erasmus Mundus Program. Programs must be chosen in order of preference. There is no need to contact professors to secure an admission. There is no upper limit for the CGPA either.
Available Subject areas under Erasmus Mundus scholarships:
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship program has a list of about 100 courses from which the aspiring candidates can choose a program of their choice. These programs are in the following subject areas:
- Computer Science
This is a joint scholarship/degree program. This means that for each Erasmus Mundus scholarships program, there are at least three partner universities. These universities will be located in different countries of Europe. The length of the master’s program is 2 years while the length of the Ph.D. program is 3 years.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Application Deadline:
The applications for the Erasmus Mundus scholarships for 2023 session will begin in January 2022. The last date of the Erasmus Mundus scholarships application will be in the December of 2022 in most European Universities. The exact deadline for application however varies from country to country and program to program.