The World Bank now invites online applications to recruit international interns for World Bank Internships 2022 programs in different departments.
Highly motivated individuals can get a chance to be a part of the work that is being done by the World Bank. These individuals can bring their own experiences and perspectives into the World Bank by getting involved in its day-to-day business activities. They can polish their own learning and skills in a multicultural and diverse environment. Students can enhance the look of their CVs by adding work experience of the world’s most famous bank.
The World Bank internships are usually available in Human Resources, Finance, and Communications departments. Interns, however, will be placed in the departments where there is the highest need of the interns.
WB internships are available in the following departments:
The World Bank seeks candidates for its Operations line for the following areas:
- Public health
- Environmental Sciences
- Urban planning
- Natural resources management
- Private sector development
For Corporate Support, candidates are required for the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Other Corporate departments
Compensation, Location, and Duration of the World Bank Internship:
All the interns at the World Bank are compensated on an hourly basis. The World Bank Interns will also be given a travel allowance of up to 300 USD which is at the discretion of the operations manager. The travel allowance is only given to interns who have to take a flight to or from their duty station metropolis.
Accommodation is the sole responsibility of the interns. Most of the positions are in the Washington DC area. Some others are in the World Bank’s country offices. Most of the internships at the World Bank are for four weeks.
Eligibility Criteria for Internships at World Bank:
- Students should be enrolled in a graduate study program (master’s or Ph.D.). They should have an undergraduate degree and should be going back to school at the end of the internship.
- Applicants can be of any age.
- They should be proficient in the English language. Knowing languages like, French, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish is a plus point.
- Applicants with computer skills will be preferred.
- Applicants can be from any background. Women having varied professional and scholastic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. World Bank doesn’t take into account anyone’s religion, gender, color, caste, culture, race, etc while considering them for jobs or internships.
WB Internship Calendar:
World Bank offers internships two times a year:
The World Bank Summer Internship: This internship is offered between May and September. Applicants can submit an application from December 1st to January 31st.
The World Bank Winter Internship: This internship program starts sometime between November and March. For this internship, applications are accepted from October 1st to October 31st.
Applicants are strongly advised to submit the applications within the specified time frame. Applications are only accepted when they are made via the appropriate portal given on the WB’s website. Applications sent through email are invalid.
World Bank Internships Application Process:
Fill out the application form with information that is accurate to the best of your recollection. After filling out the application form, you will have to upload the following documents:
- Your CV
- Statement of Interest
- The enrollment card of your graduate program (or any other proof showing that you are indeed enrolled in a graduate program)
Candidates will be communicated primarily by their email address so they are advised to double-check the email address that they are providing. All the compulsory questions should be answered. Compulsory questions are marked with an asterisk. Complete the application form in under 90 minutes, otherwise, the application can expire. The application can only be completed once the aforementioned documents have successfully been uploaded.