Candidates will be able to submit online applications for the fully-funded Rotary Peace Scholarships 2023-2024; starting from February 1, 2022. The deadline to submit an application for the Rotary Scholarship will be May 31, 2022.
The Global Grants by the Rotary Foundation:
The Rotary Foundation and Clubs offer scholarships to students at the under and postgraduate levels to produce leaders of tomorrow. These Rotary scholarships are of two types:
#1 Scholarships by the Rotary Clubs:
The Rotary Clubs offer scholarships to students at the secondary level, under and postgraduate levels. The funding is from various clubs and organizations and the scholarships are for everyone except the Rotary club members and/or their families.
#2 Scholarships by the Rotary Foundation:
The global grant by the Rotary Foundation offers scholarships worth 7.5 million USD. Every year the Rotary Foundation offers these scholarships to students who have leadership potential and who dream of becoming philanthropists one day. In this article, we are discussing these Global Grants by the Rotary Foundation, their benefits, eligibility criteria, and the deadline of application.
Projects of Rotary Foundation and its Scholarships:
Rotary Foundation strives to assist professionals and graduates who are working on areas that are of utmost importance to the foundation. These areas are:
- Peace promotion
- Provision of sanitation, hygiene, and clean water
- Supporting local economies
- Fighting off illnesses
- Saving children and providing better care for women
- Increasing literacy levels in the world
The scholarships are offered at the graduate levels for one to four years.
Funding for Rotary Scholarships:
The Rotary Foundation offers to fund for the following things:
- Humanitarian programs and initiatives
- Education support by providing scholarships
- Training programs within which groups of people travel to provide vocational training to people who do not have it.
The minimum Rotary scholarship offered is 30,000 USD with which a student can fund his/her partial or entire studies, visa costs, relocation expenses, textbooks costs, and accommodation charges. The biggest Rotary scholarship offered is 400,000 USD.
Eligibility Criteria of the Rotary Foundation Scholarships:
To be eligible for filing an application for the Rotary Foundation Scholarship; the candidates need to fulfill the following basic requirements:
- Applicants must be willing to do graduate-level research or coursework in one of the aforementioned focus areas of the Rotary Club.
- That research or the coursework must have a permanent or long-term impact on the local community.
- The project that is being undertaken should be addressing some essential issue that needs to be addressed, should have a budget of at least 30,000 USD and should entail activities that are in line with Rotary’s beliefs.
Applicants must also be fulfilling the following criteria:
- They should be meeting the academic requirements set by their university of choice.
- They should be proficient in the language in which they are going to be taught.
- They should be confident in speaking to the public and should possess above-average communication skills.
- They should have a high moral background and ethical standards.
Rotary Peace Scholarship Application Process:
Applicants have to make an application at the Rotary Foundation Scholarships webpage (Link in end of article) for their Global Grants. They also have to submit a separate application if they are applying for vocational training or are scholars.
They must have an offer letter from a Rotary-approved institution stating that they have gotten admission to conduct postgraduate research work in the university.
The candidates also have to show their genuine intention to get higher education in a foreign country.
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application Submission
This section jots down and explains the list of documents needed to be submitted along with a scholarship application. Some of these documents are the same ones that the universities or colleges asked you for while you were applying for admission.
Make sure to prepare the following listed Scholarship Application Documents in order to maximize your chances of selection for any scholarship program:
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Research Proposal for doctoral degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Study plan essay for Master degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Attested copies of degree & transcripts for schools, colleges, and universities attended.
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended. (2 original)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of theses or portfolio (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- English proficiency certificate or English language test record (IELTS, TOEFL, TELC, etc)
- GRE, GMAT, or other qualifying test records (Optional)
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (Optional)