Elon Musk is the founder, Chief Engineer, and CEO of SpaceX. We are happy to inform you that SpaceX is now offering fully-funded internships and apprenticeships to the students and freshly grads.
SpaceX is offering internships to talented individuals for the years 2021-2022. It is known for providing individuals with hands-on experience with projects involving the transformation of space exploration. The challenging projects at SpaceX involving the roles of interns help them comprehend human evolution as a multi-planetary species. Internship programs are available across engineering functions and business operations.
Engineering interns are involved in the design and development of spaceflight hardware along with its testing and manufacturing. Business operations interns are involved in core business goals. Internships are available for both technical and non-technical applicants.
Eligibility Criteria for SpaceX Internship
Following is the eligibility standard set by the SpaceX HR team:
- GPA 3.5 or above
- Currently enrolled in a four-year degree program at a University or college.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree within the past six months by the start of employment. Or can be currently enrolled in a graduate program at a University or college.
- Business operations or software applicants must be enrolled students or within six months post-graduation.
- Prior hands-on experience through an internship, work experience, lab research, or engineering projects.
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork, and effective and efficient task accomplishment.
- Microsoft Office: Intermediate level skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Windows Operations Systems: Intermediate level skills
SpaceX Internship Program Coverage
- Internships and associate opportunities are paid.
- It can satisfy course credit at University’s discretion.
- Reports, presentations, and papers on Space X projects are not allowed as the work may be on sensitive, proprietary, or ITAR controlled tasks.
- Instead, SpaceX can provide your University with an overview of your experience as s SpaceX intern or associate engineer. It can also confirm your employment dates with your institute.
SpaceX Internship Duration
Internships and associate engineering is a full-time job. The minimum duration is 12 weeks. Opportunities are open during the following seasons (year-round):
- Fall: September-December
- Spring: January-April
- Summer: May-August
Resume/CV for SpaceX Internship Application
The following information is required for SpaceX Internship Resume/CV:
- Contact Information
- Prior relevant work experience including internships, co-ops, or employments.
- University name, degree name including majors, CGPA, and date of graduation.
- Project team involvements and your role in them. (relevant only)
SpaceX Internship Application Deadline
The SpaceX internship programs are available in different disciplines and locations round the year. The candidates can keep an eye on Space X Interns Website to look for new opportunities or either apply to the University’s channel for the SpaceX internship program.
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application Submission
This section jots down and explains the list of documents needed to be submitted along with a scholarship application. Some of these documents are the same ones that the universities or colleges asked you for while you were applying for admission.
Make sure to prepare the following listed Scholarship Application Documents in order to maximize your chances of selection for any scholarship program:
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Research Proposal for doctoral degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Study plan essay for Master degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Attested copies of degree & transcripts for schools, colleges, and universities attended.
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended. (2 original)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of theses or portfolio (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- English proficiency certificate or English language test record (IELTS, TOEFL, TELC, etc)
- GRE, GMAT, or other qualifying test records (Optional)
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (Optional)