The ANSO Foundation cordially invites all international applicants to apply for the fully-funded ANSO Scholarships 2023-2024 for Master and Doctoral programs. This Chinese ANSO scholarship program encourages students who wish to study abroad. The ANSO fellowship is accessible to applicants from the scientific and technological fields. Students at the doctoral or master’s level in China are eligible for this scholarship. The ANSO Chinese Scholarship 2023 will provide essential assistance to ambitious students from throughout the globe.
The Coalition of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a global organization that was established in recent years after the dissolution of CAS-TWAS and operates on a non-profit and non-governmental basis. 37 scientific institutes, universities, and international bodies from throughout the world were the organization’s founders. The mission of the ANSO is to strengthen local and worldwide capability in technology & science, and human livelihoods, as well as to foster broader S&T collaboration and communication.
In 2019, the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents was formally introduced with the intention of educating and promoting the careers of research students from across the globe. Every year, the ANSO Scholarship offers financial support to two hundred applicants pursuing a Master’s degree and three hundred students pursuing a Doctoral degree at USTC, UCAS, or other organizations of the Chinese Academy of Sciences located throughout China.
The ANSO Scholarship receives the majority of its funding from CAS, which was the primary founder member of ANSO. Beneficiaries of the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO Scholarships Ph.D. applicants get a portion of their financing from UNESCO and TWAS, two organizations that were founder participants of ANSO. ANSO extends an invitation to any and all participants and entities who are interested in developing a jointly sponsored fellowship program that is very broader.
The offering of Chinese ANSO fully funded Scholarship
Candidates who are selected to receive an ANSO Scholarship will be eligible to receive all of the following perks for the duration of their academic careers:
- The applicants who are awarded this grant will not be required to pay the tuition cost.
- The monthly allowance for the Ph.D. program is either 6000 or 7000 CNY, and it can last for up to 48 months, depending on whether or not the awardee has completed the qualifying exam set by the university.
- The Master’s program will provide an allowance of 3,000 CNY per month for a maximum of 36 months.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible for health insurance coverage.
- There will be no charge for the application cost.
- Reimbursement for foreign travel from the awardee’s home nation to China, a single trip for each applicant who had been awarded the grant.
- Recipients will get a one-time visa permit grant as part of their incentive.
Those who win this award must enroll in and complete a centralized Chinese language and culture training program, earn the necessary credits, conduct research and write their theses at a UCAS/USTC or CAS-affiliated institution or university, and present their findings at a forum.
Instructions for Master’s Students
Any recipient of a master’s degree who is unsuccessful in yearly examinations shall be subject to the following consequences:
- The discontinuation of his/her fellowship;
- A halting of his/her master’s program coursework;
- Receiving a certificate of attendance for the time spent studying in China, but not a formal master’s program degree in recognition of the time spent studying there.
Instructions for Ph.D. Students
Any recipient of a Ph.D. who does not pass the qualifying exam or the yearly evaluation shall be subject to the following consequences:
- The discontinuation of his or her fellowship;
- Inability to continue with his or her Ph.D. studies;
- Receiving a certificate of attendance for the time spent studying in China but not a formal Ph.D. degree in recognition of one’s academic accomplishments there.
Eligibility Criteria for ANSO Scholarships 2023
Candidates for the China ANSO Scholarship are required to satisfy the following qualifying requirements.
- Candidates that meet the requirements should NOT be nationals of China.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements should have a strong command of either English or Chinese.
- Applicants to master’s programs are required to meet the following criteria: they must have been born on or after the 1st of January 1993.
- To be eligible for admission to a Ph.D. program, the birthday must fall on or after January 1, 1988, and no earlier than the 31st of December 1987.
- Applicants who are eligible should be able to satisfy the entrance requirements set out by USTC/UCAS for overseas students.
- During the time that they are receiving the scholarship, candidates who are eligible should NOT accept any additional work.
- If you are currently registered in a master’s degree program at a university or other academic institution in China, you will NOT be able to take part in the master’s program of this fellowship. If you are currently registered in a doctoral degree program at a Chinese university or other Chinese educational organization, you will not eligible for the Ph.D. program of this fellowship. In that case, your enrollment will be denied, and the issue will be communicated to the university or other institution where you are currently enrolled.
It is strictly prohibited for you to submit an application for the ANSO Scholarship through both UCAS & USTC at the same time; if you do so, you would be banned from admission.
How to Apply for ANSO Chinese Scholarships in 2023?
1# Documents Needed for the Application
- Letter of recommendations (Original)
- All Academic degrees and transcripts
- Study plan of yours
- Proposed Research Plan
- Letter of motivation
- Acceptance Letter and foreigner’s physical fitness certificate
- Proof of English language skills
2# Acceptance letter is needed from ANSO affiliated institute professor
3# Online application needs to be submitted by the applicant (Link down below this article)
4# ANSO affiliated professor also needs to fill out online recommendations for candidate
5# Wait for an interview call.
ANSO Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
On October 20th, 2022, applications will be accepted for the Chinese ANSO Scholarship for the following year, 2023. The cutoff date for the ANSO scholarship is February 15th, 2023, Beijing time for both entrants and recommendations.