Scottish Universities are calling your name for receiving your applications for fully-funded Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022-2023. These Scottish Scholarships are fully covered and are provided to a large number of international students each year.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022 offered by the government of Scotland is a financial aid program in partnership with a number of top Scottish universities. The Scottish scholarships given under this Saltire program are given in various fields and subject areas of healthcare, science, technology, creative industries, and medical sciences, clean energy, and renewable energy.
The scholarships are awarded to study masters in a selected number of subject areas. Citizens of Pakistan, India, China, Canada, the USA, and Japan can apply.
Benefits of Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
The number of awards under Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is 50. The scholarship gives out 8,000 GBP to each recipient in the form of a tuition fee waiver for one year. Recipients can choose which year of their postgraduate master’s program they want to avail themselves of Scottish scholarships.
The recipients also get a chance to get involved in curricular activities outside of their study programs like having dialogues with the academics and professionals of Scotland etc.
Eligibility Criteria of Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
- Applicants should possess an unconditional or conditional offer from one of the Scottish Universities in one of the listed subject areas. The approved program can be taught on-campus, online, or through a hybrid of both.
- Applicants should be citizens of one of the following countries: India, Pakistan, China (including Hong Kong), Canada, Japan, USA.
- Applicants have to prove that they are able to pay the remainder of their tuition fee and can pay for their living expenses in Scotland.
- Applicants should not previously have studied in Scotland and should not have gained a Saltire Scholarship in the past.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and have to meet the language requirement of the course that they are applying to.
- Applicants must be good in interpersonal communications and should have a desire to possess a leadership position in their chosen career.
Terms and Conditions of Scottish Scholarships:
- The recipients have to behave adequately and in the best interest of the institution in which they got the scholarship.
- They have to take part in the co-curricular and extracurricular programs and seminars and conferences arranged by their institutions.
- They are supposed to promote the Saltire Scholarships and studying in Scotland through social media and by interacting with future potential students. They also have to take part in the promotional programs held for advertising Saltire Scholarships.
- They have to consent to be used in the advertisement and promotional activities being held by the scholarship management.
Process to Apply to the Saltire Scholarships:
- Applicants have to fill the scholarship form provided on the scholarship website (Link given at the end of this article).
- Candidates have to submit three Scholarship essays of 250 words answering the following three questions:
- Why did you choose Scotland, your program, and the institution of choice for further studies?
- How do you think getting the Saltire Scholarships will help you in achieving your future goals? How are you going to promote Scotland as the ‘it’ place for getting a higher education?
- How well the candidate can work with teams and people? What qualities does he/she possess that can help him/her be on good terms with their fellow mates?
- Before filling out the scholarship form, the applicant must possess an offer letter from at least one of the Scottish universities.
Scotland Saltire Scholarships Interview and Result Announcement:
Applicants are highly judged on the content of their essays and their previous academic records. Applicants are notified of their selection or non-selection during July of every year. Recipients have 4 weeks to accept the scholarship. After that, the offer expires.
Recipients who do not abide by the scholarship terms and conditions or are behaving in an inadequate way can get eliminated from the scholarship program at any time.
The scholarship is given for one time and covers the partial tuition fee of its recipients. The remainder of the tuition must be paid by the recipients themselves.
Deadline of the Scotland Saltire Scholarship Application Submission:
The deadline for applying to the Scotland Saltire Scholarships is May 28th, 2022. Make sure to prepare the following set of documents in order to get ready to apply for the Scotland Saltire Scholarships.
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application Submission
This section jots down and explains the list of documents needed to be submitted along with a scholarship application. Some of these documents are the same ones that the universities or colleges asked you for while you were applying for admission.
Make sure to prepare the following listed Scholarship Application Documents in order to maximize your chances of selection for any scholarship program:
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Research Proposal for doctoral degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Study plan essay for Master degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Attested copies of degree & transcripts for schools, colleges, and universities attended.
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended. (2 original)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of theses or portfolio (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- English proficiency certificate or English language test record (IELTS, TOEFL, TELC, etc)
- GRE, GMAT, or other qualifying test records (Optional)
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (Optional)