The online applications are invited from international students for Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships 2023-2024 batch. The Singapore education system is flourishing by leaps and bounds with the passage of time.
The level of education in Singapore was ranked as the best in the world recently by the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and since then, the country has been placed among the top 5 rankings based on educational outcomes.
SINGA Scholarships 2023:-
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarships 2023 will admit Ph.D. Students from around the world to be supervised by renowned researchers of the world in world-class labs.
If you too want to pursue your post-graduate degree in culturally diverse environments besides distinguished researchers of the Asia Pacific region in some of the best research institutes, then this might be your chance.
The Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships 2023 is starting to accept online applications from all international students. So, what are you waiting for? Prepare your documents and apply for the SINGA Scholarships right away!
Financial Plan of Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships 2023:-
The Singaporean International Graduate Awards SINGA 2023 Scholarship supports Ph.D. Students for up to 4 years of their post-graduate studies. The SINGA Awards Scholarship covers the following expenses of its scholarship holders:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Monthly stipend amounting to S$2,000 (this amount will be increased by S$500 after passing the Qualifying Examination)
- Residence facility
- One-time airfare grant estimated to be $1,500
- One-time on campus settling in allowance valuating to $1,000.
Eligibility Criteria: Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships 2023:-
The qualifying criteria for the SINGA Scholarships 2023 are not exhaustive, nor is much demanding. Following is the eligibility criteria for the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships:
- All international graduates are free to apply for the SINGA Scholarships, provided that they possess an excellent academic background and an inclination towards research work.
- Should possess good English skills (in terms of both speaking and writing)
- Must present good reports from academic referees.
Note: Students further applying to the Agency of Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) may have to undergo an additional selection criterion based on the institute’s existing scholarship policies.
Steps to Apply for the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships:-
Students willing to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships to fund their postgraduate degrees are required to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Choose your area of expertise:-
Browse the Ph.D. Research Projects expedited by the SINGA Scholarships and choose the project(s) that you are interested in by visiting the official website of the host institute you wish to join.
The research areas under the Ph.D. Programme of the SINGA Scholarships 2022-2023 falls under two broad categories:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Step 2: Prepare the required documents:-
The next step is to prepare all the documents required by the scholarship panel before proceeding to fill out your application form.
A list of the documents by the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships is given further in this article.
Step 3: Submit your SINGA Scholarship application:-
Fill in your application for the Singapore SINGA Scholarships 2023 form and submit it, along with your documents online before June 1, 2022.
Documents Required for the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships Application:-
The following documents are required to be submitted alongside your SINGA scholarship application form:
- A valid passport
- Recommendation Letters
- One recent passport-sized photograph (in .jpeg or.png format)
- Study Plan Essay
- Research Proposal
- Statement of purpose or an intent letter
- Motivation Letter
- Scholarships CV
- Transcripts and reports:
- Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (if your official degree certificate has not been issued, then provide a letter of certification from the university on your candidature)
- 2 recommendation reports (by two academic referees- these are to be completed and submitted online)
- GRE/ IELTS/ TOEFL/ SAT I & II/ GATE test scores.
Note: Please note that the optional documents are only to be submitted if satisfactory test scores are required by the university as a part of their admission requirements.
Important Guidelines for SINGA Scholarships Application:-
Before applying to the Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships to fund your Ph.D. Degree programs, following information, should be kept in mind.
- While creating an account on the application portal for registration, provide accurate information as this data will be used for verification when you first log in.
- After logging in, ensure that the scholarship you are applying to is the named Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA) Scholarships in the application portal.
- Submit all the documents as early as possible, giving your academic referees ample time to complete and submit their online recommendation reports. Note that applications with incomplete documents will be rejected.
- After submitting the applications, no changes can be made to them whatsoever. So recheck your application before submitting it.
- All applications are to submitted online with scanned documents. Any hard copies mailed to the SINGA Office will not be proceeded.
Application deadline of SINGA Scholarships: June 1, 2022
The last date to submit an online application for the SINGA Awards Scholarships 2023 intake is June 1, 2022; at 23:59 hours.
Time to Start Your Application for SINGA Scholarships 2023:-
This article provided you with a complete guide on the procedures of applying to the SINGA Awards Scholarships 2023-2024. If it met with your requirements, do let us know in the comments section below.
This brings the end of this article. That’s a wrap!