Submit an application for scholarships at Barcelona university in 2022 for the batch of 2023. The applications for admissions at the University of Barcelona are open for all degree majors and disciplines.
So are you interested in studying for free without IELTS in Spain, Barcelona?
IELTS is not mandatory for taking admission at the University of Barcelona because IELTS alternative exams are also widely accepted there which are; TOEFL, Cambridge English Tests, DET, or others. Spain also offers a vibrant, beautiful environment for students. Barcelona is a city with plenty to do while you are here. However, there are plenty of opportunities to gain academic knowledge and experience.
The University of Barcelona (UB) is one of the best institutions in Spain and a top university in Europe, with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It offers a full range of degree programs taught in English, thanks to its joint venture with Cambridge University. Established over 600 years ago in 1450, the University of Barcelona has always been at the forefront of academic excellence.
The University of Barcelona offers many scholarships to international students to help them financially. These scholarships available at the university will allow you to discover the culture throughout Spain while gaining experience in your chosen field. So, do not focus on dreaming about that new life as a student in Europe – make your dreams a reality by applying for one of the University of Barcelona scholarships.
The admission acceptance rate of UB is: 75%
The admission acceptance rate of the University of Barcelona is 75%
Application fees of UB is $50
Scholarships Offered by University of Barcelona
Following are the scholarships which are offered by the Barcelona University (UB):
#1 Equity Scholarships
University of Barcelona equity scholarships aim to help students enrolled in bachelor’s degrees, first- and second-cycle undergraduate degrees, and master’s degree courses.
The equity grant helps to pay the costs of studying at Barcelona University.
For obtaining the University of Barcelona equity scholarship, the students must fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant should be a Spanish national or foreign national.
- If you are a foreign national who has lived in Spain for the year and your family income is within acceptable thresholds, you could be eligible to receive financial aid.
- If you are not a citizen of EU countries, you must have a valid residency permit.
- Students who already have an official university qualification or have finished the credits required are not eligible to apply.
How to apply for the scholarship:
You can fill out an application and submit it through the AGAUR website to get the University of Barcelona scholarship.
The deadline for application is from September to mid-October.
#2 DRAC Program grants
The DRAC program grants are awarded in three ways; DRAC summer,
DRAC Advanced training, and DRAC winter. It targets students from
- EHEA bachelor’s degree courses
- First- and second-stage Licenciatura degree courses (on the old national plan) with at least 45 credits completed in summer and at least 60 credits completed in winter.
- Masters or doctoral program students.
Grants from the Vives Network of Universities allow students, researchers, and staff to attend short courses or seminars at another university, visit other departments on their campus, carry out research abroad, take subjects in a foreign language or improve their language skills.
To apply for the University of Barcelona DRAC grant,
- You must be enrolled at the university.
- In addition, you need to meet the specific requirements established for each type of program.
How to apply for the scholarship:
- You can apply for the scholarships through the webpage of the Vives Network of Universities.
- The applications for DRAC summer are made through the UB webpage.
For the DRAC Summer grant, the application deadline is May. The applications are open all year for DRAC Advanced Training and Winter grant. The announcement of Grants will be on three dates: 15 September, 15 May, and 15 January.
#3 UB Collaboration grant
The UB collaboration grant is given to anyone studying at UB or one of its affiliated institutions who is taking a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree – either on a first or second cycle – or one of the university’s specific courses (e.g., a university extension diploma).
Students may be eligible to receive financial assistance, in exchange for collaborating with UB or other entities that have signed agreements with the institution. Students will also be able to be registered on the Spanish Social Security system to take part in an exchange program.
To get the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates who have collaborated with the unit within the last three years are ineligible for the scholarship.
- You must have earned at least 30 ECTS credits unless you are just starting a program or your home university allows you to audit without credit (in which case, you must have earned at least 15 credits).
- Doctoral candidates must enroll in the Ph.D. program (as established by the UB with regards to doctoral tutorship).
- Students must enroll for at least 18 ECTS credits or the credits they need to complete their degree. The enrolment must indicate that they are continuing at the UB.
- Students must be able to speak some Catalan and/or Spanish.
How to apply for the scholarship:
You can apply for the University of Barcelona collaboration grant online by filling out the collaboration grants form (Món UB).
General calls for application are in March and October. Additional calls are announced throughout the year.
#4 MAEC-AECID grants
The program is aimed at students who hold a bachelor’s degree and have fulfilled the general and academic requirements stated in the call for applications.
The MAEC-AECID grants enable you to attend language courses, postgraduate courses, and doctoral programs abroad, apply for a specialized European course, and also participate in cultural cooperation abroad.
Registration fees and monthly stipends are available in languages such as French and English.
Scholarships are available for postgraduate language courses, studies abroad for undergraduate or postgraduate students.
To be considered for the scholarship, the following conditions must be met:
- Spanish citizens who also have permanent residency in Spain may be eligible for this scholarship program.
- In some cases, it is possible to apply if you are 35 or younger at the time of application.
By October, online applications are open for the scholarship.