European and UK based Universities in partnership with EMJMD opened an online applications window for the fully funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarships to recruit international students for BS, MS, and Phd and Postdoctorate degree programs therefore i want you to please get ready to apply for the 2024-2025 session of the highly funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
As of 2023, over 3000 Erasmus Mundus scholarships were awarded under this financial aid grant program and all those selected scholars get a chance to study in three to four countries of Europe during the course of their study programs whereas partner European/British universities are all top ranked in their subject areas globally which is why i strongly recommend all my students to please consider applying for this Erasmus Mundus scholarship program.
You may ask what is on table for you if you win this Erasmus Mundus scholarship then i am happy to tell that your academic expenses will be sponsored and not only that but also this scholarship would cover the fee for taking IELTS/TOEFL exam and reimburses for your study visa costs as well.
In fact, Erasmus Mundus offers work visas to students who want to stay and work in Europe after earning their degrees so who would not want to study in Europe on this fully funded scholarship and later on after acquiring degree you would also be given an opportunity to start a job there.
Coverage Allowances of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship:
This is a fully funded Erasmus Mundus scholarship that is awarded to international applicants after a thorough scrutiny of the applications whereas benefits of this Erasmus Mundus scholarship package are as follows:
- Coverage of tuition fee for the whole duration of the program
- Monthly stipend of 1,000 EURO and this stipend is fixed and will remain same no matter which country the candidate is living in.
- A travel allowance of 3,000 EUR a year (This allowance is provided apart from the monthly stipend and is given for traveling to another country during the candidate’s study program)
- Accommodation expenses
- Health or medical insurance (Sponsored)
- Airfare for traveling to and from the scholar’s home country.
- A work visa after the completion of studies in the candidate’s country of choice
Eligibility Criteria and Document Requirement for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Application:
In order to stand eligible and prepare documentation for scholarship application; please make sure to go through the following set of key points to get ready to start the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship application:
- Applicants must be proficient in English language which means they have to score at least 6.5 in IELTS and equivalent in other tests should they choose to take some other test. Duolingo English Proficiency test is also acceptable by some programs.
- Applicants must possess at least a bachelor’s degree if they are applying for the masters program and if they have a master degree as well then that will be a plus point and will strengthen their profile.
- Applicants must be able to provide two letters of recommendation from their professors or employers if they are employed somewhere at the time of application.
- There is no requirement to provide GMAT or GRE test and if you got work experience then your application might get preference and you are also not bound to contact professors to obtain acceptance letters.
- There is no minimum CGPA requirement but you need to propose a novel research idea as there were hundreds of applicants last year who have won this Erasmus scholarship with a low CGPA.
- Applicants have to provide a certificate of residence to ensure the scholarship committee that they have not lived in Europe for more than one year and this applies to only the past five years. (Applicants could be living for more than a year in Europe five years ago.) This certificate is issued by the candidate’s workplace, educational institution, or municipal corporation.
- Applicants have to submit copies of previous degrees and mark sheets.
- A letter of motivation needs to be submitted as well. Some programs specify the word limit of the motivational letter, while others don’t.
- A study plan or letter of intent is required.
- Research proposal only needs to be submitted by Ph.D. applicants.
Application Process of the Erasmus Mundus Program:
Applicants are advised to follow the following procedure for applying to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program;
- Go to the official website of the Erasmus Mundus program and find a subject of your choice and then you can contact the program coordinators to check eligibility criteria, funding availability, and its application process
- Follow the application procedure of your chosen subject/degree option as specified by Erasmus mundus and start filling out the application form and then submit all your required application documents.
- So last date of applying to Erasmus scholarship varies with every program. But usually, the applications close during or right after December.
The list of degree programs available on the Erasmus Mundus website has very untraditional names so you may need to look for similar looking degree programs and open the programs that interest you and read their description and eligibility requirements.
You can apply to three-course programs at most for Erasmus Mundus Program. Programs must be chosen in order of preference as there is no need to contact professors to secure an admission.
Available Subject areas under Erasmus Mundus scholarships:
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship program has a list of about 100 courses from which the aspiring candidates can choose a program of their choice and these programs are in following subject areas:
- Computer Science
This is a joint scholarship/degree program which means that for each Erasmus Mundus scholarships program there are at least three partner universities located in different countries of Europe whereas the length of masters program is on Erasmus Mundus scholarship is set to be 2 years while the length of the Ph.D. program is 3 years.