Fully-Funded Australia Awards Scholarships 2024-2025 session for International Students is now in the applications acceptance phase till the deadline of May 1, 2023.
Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade works to provide full Australian scholarships and long-term academic sponsorships via the Australia Awards Scholarship. The goal of this initiative is to help build relations around the world and allow associate countries to meet their economic requirements as per bilateral and multilateral contracts. These scholarships allow students from emerging economies, especially those within the Indo-Pacific area, to enroll at collaborating Australian colleges and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) establishments.
Students’ talents and competencies are developed as a result of the study and research experiences offered through Australia Awards Scholarships, allowing them to influence innovation and add value to progress in the candidate’s home countries. Scholarships from Australia Awards are provided for the time required to finish the course of study indicated via the Australian higher education institution, along with any preliminary coursework. To guarantee that these scholarships have a positive contribution to growth, each recipient is mandated to go back to their country, for a minimum of two years, after finishing their degree.
Failing to comply with this condition will entail the honoree owing the Commonwealth of Australia the entire amount of their prize.
Australia Awards Scholarship recipients are required to excel in their academics and overcome all of the obstacles that come with studying abroad. Eligible candidates must be equipped to learn English, reside in a different country amid a lifestyle that might vary considerably from their own, and perform through academically challenging circumstances. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism and resiliency. When registering, students must examine Australian requirements and their compatibility with their specific needs, as pressure from the program may intensify pre-existing health concerns.
Without further delay, we will look into everything required from you to apply for this opportunity.
Benefits of Australia Awards Scholarship 2024
Below is an overview of the benefits and coverage that apply for this Australia Awards scholarship:
- Tuition fee paid in full
- Traveling expenses
- An establishment allowance that will cover a single-time payment towards accommodation and study materials.
- Basic living expenses
- Paid for Introductory Academic program
- Basic medical expenses
- Pre-course English fees
- Paid for research fieldwork
Eligibility of Australia Awards Scholarship
Below is what the candidate must qualify for in order to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship:
- Candidates who wish to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship must enter into a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will adhere to the scholarship’s terms of service.
- The candidate needs to be at the age of 18 when applying.
- At the time of application, the candidate is mandated to be living in their home country and must be a citizen of a country partnering with the scholarship. The list of participating countries is available on the scholarship’s official website.
- The applicant cannot be an Australian citizen, possess resident status, or be seeking a permit to gain residency in Australia.
- At the time of applying, the candidate cannot be married, engaged, or a de facto of an individual who is in possession of, or is qualified for an Australian or New Zealand nationality. Even at the time of the selection period or when moving to Australia, this criterion must be followed.
- Citizens of the Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau who are inhabitants of New Zealand are qualified, although they need to get a Student visa.
- They cannot be active members of the military.
- Any former honoree who has lived in Australia for 4 years through an Australia Awards Scholarship is not qualified to participate in an additional Awards Scholarship unless the student has not lived in Australia for 8 years.
- All specified requirements set by the Program Area or the government of the candidate’s place of residence will need to be met by the candidate.
- The candidate is obligated to be eligible for the criteria set by the university they are applying to through this program.
- They must qualify for a student visa as well.
- Candidates cannot apply for a scholarship for a degree program that is lower than their current educational rank.
- Candidates need to notify the Program Area of any link or relationship involving Program Area employees or management partners to ensure that the submission can be administered correctly and impartially.
How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarship?
When registering, candidates must verify their country’s opening and closing dates, as well as identify their place of permanent residency from the listing of member countries for more details on qualifications, prioritized regions, and how to register.
If a student wants to enroll, they should consult the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Manual first. Fundamental entry standards, selection methods, privileges, and obligations are all covered in the booklet. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to amend and modify the guidebook at any stage and without prior notification.
Several countries promote and permit online applications, whereas others necessitate paper applications. For further details on this, the candidate must look at the description of the member countries.
For countries that are sending applications online, the student is required to go to the page of the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When a candidate applies electronically, they will be given a questionnaire in order to determine their candidacy. They will be issued a registration number, username, and password that are all exclusive to them.
The applicant is not required to complete their application right away. They can create a sample registration form and amend it, as well as their reference information, till the applicable partnering nation profile declares the closing date.
The application cannot be amended once it has been posted. Candidates are highly encouraged to submit their applications online well before the deadline. In the days preceding up the deadline, OASIS sees a surge in traffic, and candidates may face difficulties.
Firstly, it is necessary to check the opening and closing dates for the partnering country of the candidate. If the candidate’s country is sending out hard-copy applications, then they are required to submit via mail. If an applicant is unable to apply online, they can send their application. To get a paper registration form and relevant supporting templates, like referee reports, the candidate must consult the participating country’s webpage for contact information in case it is applicable.
The candidate’s country specifies the timeframe for submitting finished hard copy application forms and accompanying paperwork.
The candidate must consult the description of their collaborating country to see whether they necessitate any further documentation.
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application Submission
This section jots down and explains the list of documents needed to be submitted along with a scholarship application. Some of these documents are the same ones that the universities or colleges asked you for while you were applying for admission.
Make sure to prepare the following listed Scholarship Application Documents in order to maximize your chances of selection for any scholarship program:
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Research Proposal for doctoral degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Study plan essay for Master degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Attested copies of degree & transcripts for schools, colleges, and universities attended.
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended. (2 original)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of theses or portfolio (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- English proficiency certificate or English language test record (IELTS, TOEFL, TELC, etc)
- GRE, GMAT, or other qualifying test records (Optional)
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (Optional)