In case you’re interested in studying in Japan, the MEXT 2022 scholarships are the key to your desire. Japan is not only a beautiful country, but it offers high educational standards and rich cultural inheritance. Students have a wide variety of programs to choose from. These programs range from social sciences to medical. Below you will find an overview of what you need to know to apply for this program.
Coverage and Benefits of MEXT Scholarships
- Education fees
- Traveling expenses
- Transportation to Japan
- Transportation from Japan
- Living accommodations
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Undergraduate Scholarships
MEXT invites submissions from overseas students who meet specific criteria and standards to learn in Japan. The strategy is to generate personnel who, via education in Japan, would become links of goodwill between the candidate’s homeland and Japan.
- Nationality: It is required for the candidate applying to have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relationships with Japan. Candidates holding Japanese nationality are not eligible for this scholarship. Though, individuals with double nationality and who are living in another country are eligible.
- Age: Students who are below 18 or older at the time of the submission are eligible. Immunity is given to genuine cases of students who were not able to apply for the scholarship.
- Academic Background: Candidates must have finished 12 years of education in their own country. More so, they must have to pass their examination with success. The candidate’s completed classes must be equal to Japan’s upper secondary schooling.
- Japanese Language: It is essential for aspirants to be prepared to learn the Japanese language.
- Health: Candidates are required to submit a medical certificate in the agreed format. This document has to be attested with the signature of your doctor.
- Visa Requirement: To enter Japan on the basis of this scholarship, the candidate must apply for a student visa and will only enter Japan when the status of the visa is valid.
Steps to apply for MEXT Japanese Scholarships:
Below is an overview of the application guidelines to apply for the MEXT Scholarship:
- This link will lead you to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your region.
- The MEXT scholarship can be found underneath the Education/Scholarship category.
- Complete the MEXT scholarship application form after downloading it.
- Submit the relevant documentation to the Japanese Embassy in your country.
- The Japanese Embassy will administer a written exam.
- Following that, the applicants will be interviewed.
- Qualified applicants will be notified via email or via the embassy’s website.
Mandatory Documents for MEXT Scholarships
It is important to keep a checklist of all the required documents so that you do not miss your chance for this esteemed scholarship. Following is a list of documents that will be needed to complete your application. The order of the list must be maintained:
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form (1 original, 1 copy)
- Research Proposal
- Academic detail Mark sheet of Secondary and Higher Secondary School: (1 copy with original attestation, 1 copy)
- Attested copy of the certificate of graduation of school/university attended (1 copy with original attestation, 1 copy)
- Recommendation Letter from either a class teacher or principal of the last school attended (1 original, 1 copy)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from the current educational institution (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- Provisional certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2021) (1 original, 1 copy)
- Study Plan or Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Other references documents in case they are applicable
It is vital that you keep a check and compare this list to the on MEXT’s website so that you do not miss out on any changes made by the officials.
The submission of these documents is to be printed on A4 size paper and must not be stapled. Any extra documentation sent along with requested ones will not be considered. Another key point to remember is that any submitted document will not be returned to you. More so, candidates should be willing to learn the Japanese language.
Your country’s embassy will contact you in case you are shortlisted by July of 2021.
MEXT Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for this MEXT scholarship is July 30, 2021, but it is projected to change, hence it is important that you keep a check on the MEXT website.