The internship program at NASA is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for students to get professional experience. Internships at NASA are a great way for high school students, college students, recent grads, and educators to obtain practical experience in fields connected to NASA’s mission. I suggest you avail of these options as it benefits you since these programs are set up by experts in their industry and have them work on projects related to their degrees under the supervision of a mentor.
For paid internship programs, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a branch of the US government involved with aerospace science and technology, is currently accepting applications for the next batch of their internship programs at different locations. This is good news for you if you want to work at NASA or obtain a fellowship there.
How Would NASA Internship Benefit You?
Interns at NASA will receive various perks during their time there:
- Internships at NASA are highly paid.
- Financial Compensation in the form of a stipend is given.
- Opportunity to gain work experience.
- Chances of obtaining employment in the best companies in the world.
- Networking opportunities and Potential for full-time employment following the internship, contingent on performance are provided.
- Education expense coverage is provided sometimes.
- Additionally, having experience working for a prestigious institution like NASA will look great on your resume and help you in the long run.
Eligibility criteria to apply for NASA internship:
NASA accepts internship applications from students across the globe every year, but you can apply only if you fulfill the requirements outlined below.
- Candidates must be pursuing a degree at a regionally or nationally recognized institution and have an interest in the issue area of the NASA project is encouraged to apply.
- You should have a strong command of the English language and a history of academic achievements is a prerequisite for all applications.
- Applicant must be at least 16 years old and have a minimum 3.0 GPA when enrolled as a full-time student in an approved degree or certificate program.
- A candidate also needs to be able to complete 640 hours of internship work before going off to university.
- Any level of a student attending a full-time program at a regionally or nationally accredited educational institution is eligible to apply. But this might work in favor of an applicant who is eager to gain experience and training through NASA’s internship programs that offer financial compensation.
- It is a prerequisite for some IEP positions that applicants must be enrolled in a certain degree program, and also must meet any other qualifications outlined in the posting.
2023 Internships offered by NASA:
NASA offers a variety of internship opportunities to qualified applicants in the fields of computer science, IT, aeronautics, law, engineering, management, and human resources. Some prominent programs offered by NASA are;
- NASA year-round Internship program.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Lab Internships (JPL).
- NASA-CALTECH Internships.
- NASA Internship programs for space mission
- NASA STEM Internships
- NASA Fellow interns program
- NASA international internship programs
- Precipitation research and validation Internship
- NASA Pathways Internships
- RST Thermal Design and Thermal Desktop Internships
- NASA IV&V ERC Fab Lab Manager & Space camp
- Software Code coverage Internships
Areas covered by internships at NASA:
Your academic performance can improve and your reputation as a professional in your field will grow if you select a topic that is related to your line of work. Through the NASA Internship Program, which is explained here, internships are available in a variety of subjects.
- Education and Business
- Mathematical science
- Database management
- Robotics and engineering.
You should think about taking an internship if you want to start off in your chosen area as successfully as possible. Your task now is to determine how to make use of this chance to the fullest.
How to apply for a NASA internship?
- NASA Internship opportunities are available on their page and applicants need to create an account there to submit an application. (Link available below this article)
- You must read over the NASA intern program’s specifics and be aware of the intern’s duties for each program.
- After that, create a profile on the NASA website and upload your resume, LOI, and corresponding documents.
- Wait for the application review by the NASA HR department; if called for an interview, appear for it and be confident.
NASA Internships Are Open Throughout the Year 2023?
Yes! To accommodate as many students as possible for their professional training, NASA internships are advertised throughout the year. As a result, you are able to apply for a NASA internship at any time of the year, subject to space being open at the end of the NASA programs. So, there is no specific last date to apply.
So that’s everything you need to know about the NASA internship programs for international students. Students interested in internships in the space industry are encouraged to apply for internship positions at NASA. In this post, we have covered all the specifics about the NASA internships, and since the information will be useful during the application process, I encourage you to read it and submit an application. I wish you luck!