The fully-funded Rhodes Scholarships without IELTS for the intake of 2023-2024 at Oxford University are open for admission applications. It is a fully-funded British scholarship program offered by the University of Oxford to those international students who intend to take up a master’s or a Ph.D. program at the university. Every year, about 100 scholarships are awarded to international students who are coming to Oxford for getting their master’s degrees.
There is a fixed quota for every country, that is, a fixed number of scholarships will be awarded to top applicants from each country.
2023 Rhodes Scholarships Financial Benefits:
The Rhodes scholarships are awarded for two to three years and are meant to cover the tuition fee of their recipients. In addition to that, the scholarship also provides a monthly stipend of 1,325 GBP (15,900 GBP) a year from which the recipients can pay for their accommodation and other living expenses. Recipients won’t be able to pay for their dependent/s from that stipend.
Ph.D. applicants will be covered for three years while master’s candidates will be given the Rhodes scholarship for two years. This Oxford University scholarship also offers the following benefits:
- Application fee coverage with up to full tuition fees waiver
- Coverage for the study visa fee (tier 4)
- Reimbursement for the cost of International Health Surcharge (IHS)
- Two-way economy class tickets are given at the beginning and end of studies.
- Resettlement allowance of 225 GBP
- Research grants for attending seminars and conferences or for conducting fieldwork (needs to be applied separately when there is a need for such a grant)
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarships 2023:
Applicants first need to secure admission to the University of Oxford. After that, they can apply to the scholarship if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from a country that is a constituent country of Rhodes Trust like Pakistan, India, Canada, Germany, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe, US, Kenya, etc.
- Applicants must have completed at least four years of their education from their home countries. These four years must be counted from the last 10 years.
- Applicants must not be less than 19 and more than 25 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the program or course that is covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree with first class.
2023 Rhodes Scholarships | Application Process:
All the interested candidates will be applying online for Rhodes. The application process entails the following steps:
- Create your online profile on the official webpage of Rhodes Trust.
- Fill out the Rhodes scholarship application form
- Upload all the required documents like the academic records, personal statements, etc. (full list given below)
- Submit the application before the deadline arrives.
Documents Required for Rhodes Scholarship Application:
- A 1000 words personal statement stating why the applicant deserves to get the scholarship.
- All the academic transcripts from previous degrees (translated in English if they are not already in English)
- Scanned copy for the valid passport of the applicant.
- An up-to-date resume of the applicant that should not exceed two pages.
- An updated photograph of the applicant in jpg format.
- Test scores of IELTS or TOEFL
- Study plan or proposal of research
- Letters of recommendation from the applicant’s teachers.
Rhodes Scholarships Selection Process:
Applicants are judged primarily based on their personal statements, and their academic record (which ideally should be a CGPA of more than 3.7 out of 4 in their undergraduate studies). Shortlisted candidates are invited to give two interviews to the scholarship committee. These interviews are:
- Preliminary Interview
- Personal Interview
Applicants who are successful in both of these interviews will be invited to attend a social engagement session and to give a final interview. After that, the scholarship committee will take its final decision. Applicants will be notified of the results via email. They will be interviewed on phone or on a video call.
2023 Rhodes Scholarship Application Deadline:
The applications for the Rhodes scholarships 2023 will be open for applications on June 01, 2022. So, prepare for the required documents now and get familiar with the application process. The deadline for application submission for Rhodes Scholarships will be the 2nd of August, 2022.
Updated: March 1, 2022.