So now all of you who are interested to go abroad to study for free have this wonderful opportunity to submit applications online even without paying any application fees for fully-funded Rhodes Scholarships 2024 for batch intake of 2024-2025 at Oxford University and this is basically a fully-funded British scholarship program offered by University of Oxford to those international students who intend to take up a master or a Ph.D. program at Oxford university and every year, about 100 British scholarships are awarded to international students who are coming to Oxford for getting their master’s degrees and there is a fixed quota for every country, that is, a fixed number of scholarships will be awarded to top applicants from each country.
2024 Rhodes Scholarships Financial Benefits:
These Rhodes scholarships are awarded for two to three years and are meant to cover the tuition fee of their recipients and in addition to that, this UK scholarship also provides a monthly stipend of 1,325 GBP (15,900 GBP) a year from which the recipients can pay for their accommodation and other living expenses. Recipients would not be able to pay for their dependent/s from that stipend.
Ph.D. applicants will be covered for three years while masters candidates will be given the Rhodes scholarship for two years and this Oxford University scholarship also offers the following benefits:
- Application fee coverage with up to full tuition fees waiver
- Coverage for the study visa fee (tier 4)
- Reimbursement for the cost of International Health Surcharge (IHS)
- Two-way economy class tickets are given at the beginning and end of studies.
- Resettlement allowance of 225 GBP
- Research grants for attending seminars and conferences or for conducting fieldwork (needs to be applied separately when there is a need for such a grant)
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarships 2024:
You first need to secure admission at University of Oxford and after that you can apply for Rhodes scholarship if you actually fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from a country that is a constituent country of Rhodes Trust like Pakistan, india, Canada, Germany, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe, USA, Kenya, etc.
- Applicants must have completed at least four years of their education from their home countries and these four years must be counted from the last 10 years.
- Applicants must not be less than 19 and more than 25 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the program or course that is covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree with first class.
2024 Rhodes Scholarships | Application Process:
All the interested candidates will be applying online for Rhodes and the application process entails the following steps:
- Create your online profile on the official webpage of Rhodes Trust.
- Fill out the Rhodes scholarship application form
- Upload all the required documents like the academic records, personal statements, etc. (full list given below)
- Submit the application before the deadline arrives.
Documents Required for Rhodes Scholarship Application:
- A 1000 words personal statement stating why the applicant deserves to get the scholarship.
- All the academic transcripts from previous degrees (translated in English if they are not already in English)
- Scanned copy for the valid passport of the applicant.
- An up-to-date resume of the applicant that should not exceed two pages.
- An updated photograph of the applicant in jpg format.
- Test scores of IELTS or TOEFL
- Study plan or proposal of research
- Letters of recommendation from the applicant’s teachers.
Rhodes Scholarships Selection Process:
Applicants are judged primarily based on their personal statements, and their academic record (which ideally should be a CGPA of more than 3.7 out of 4 in their undergraduate studies) whereas only shortlisted candidates are invited to give two interviews to the scholarship committee and these interviews are:
- Preliminary Interview
- Personal Interview
Those applicants who are successful in both of these interviews will be invited to attend a social engagement session and to give a final interview and after that, Rhodes scholarship committee will take its final decision and applicants will be notified of the results via email and they will be interviewed on phone or on a video call.
2024 Rhodes Scholarship Application Deadline:
All applications for this Rhodes scholarships 2024 are now open for applications from June 15, 2023 so prepare for the required documents now and get familiar with the application process whereas the deadline for application submission for Rhodes Scholarships will be 1st of August, 2023.