Submit admission applications for the Malaysian fully-funded Scholarships without IELTS at the University of Malaya for 2022-2023 academic intake.
The University of Malaya, one of the most reputable educational institutions in Malaysia, is offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. scholarships to students who have outstanding grades and display great potential. The scholarships are available for both local and international students. The University provides opportunities for students to apply for a full or partial scholarship that will help them achieve their goals.
The University of Malaya is a globally-renowned institution. It is committed to nurturing the potential of students. The University creates an environment that encourages learning throughout the days as a student. The University of Malaya has been dedicated to excellence in education since its establishment, making it one of the country’s most trusted universities.
Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, the University of Malaya continues to rank among the best universities in Asia. With access to a diverse student body and a rich cultural heritage, you’re sure to get an education that gives you a head and hands-on experience of all that makes Malaysia great.
The admission acceptance rate of the University of Malaya is 70%
Admission Application fees of the University of Malaya is 300 RM.
Funding Cover of Scholarships Offered by University of Malaya
The University of Malaya offers partial and full scholarships to all Ph.D. candidates. The scholarship programs make your study in UM as affordable as possible.
You can choose to either receive a full scholarship or a partial one.
#1 FULL Scholarships
The Full scholarship includes an RM2,500 stipend per month and tuition fees. The scholarship duration is 36 months or until you complete the Ph.D. program, whichever is shorter.
#2 PARTIAL Scholarships
- The Partial scholarship covers only tuition fees.
- The scholarship duration is six semesters or 36 months or until you complete the Ph.D. program, whichever is shorter.
Eligibility Criteria Set for Admissions at Malaya University:
To qualify for a University of Malaya Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
#1 Specific Requirements for Applicant
Malaya University Ph.D. scholarship is open for Ph.D. students. Funds are available for ‘full-time’ students and candidates who have never been a student of Malaya University previously.
#2 Minimum Requirements:
To be considered for a University of Malaya Scholarship, you must demonstrate outstanding academic results by securing a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of >3.5 (or equivalent).
To be eligible, you must have completed a Master’s Degree by research; or a Master’s Degree by mixed-mode (coursework and dissertation) and have a CGPA of at least 3.70/4.00 (or equivalent).
#3 IELTS Requirement at University of Malaya: Optional
To apply for the UM Scholarship, prove your language skills by submitting any of the following: IELTS Band 6.5 or TOEFL 73-93 or CEFR B2. You don’t need IELTS for admission at Malaya University if you hold IELTS alternative exam-certs. The English test result will be valid within two (2) years from the date of the examination.
#4 Applicant must not be receiving any other scholarship
To apply for the Malaya University scholarship, you must be a full-time student during the duration of study at the University of Malaya and are NOT sponsored by any other body or organization.
#5 Upper age limit must not exceed 35 years
The applicant must not exceed 35 years of age on the 31st of December in the year of application.
Admission Application Process of Malaya University:
To apply for the University of Malaya scholarship admission for different Programs, follow these steps:
For Malaysian applicants:
- The applications for the University of Malaya can be submitted online through the online portal at https://upu.mohe.gov.my
- The application is open for applicants with STPM / Matriculation / STAM / Diploma or equivalent.
For International applicants:
- For any program, the application can be submitted online through the application portal at um.edu.my
- You can choose any desired Program.
- Complete the application by providing Personal details, academic qualifications, etc.
- Upload all the necessary documents such as Passport, photo, academic transcript, certificate, etc.
- After applying, pay the processing fee via Payment Gateway FPX, Debit/ Credit Card, Flywire.
- The payment Of Processing Fees for Malaysian applicants is RM50.00 and for International applicants is RM300.00
- After submitting your application, you will receive acknowledgment of the application via email.
- You can check the application status on the application portal.
- Accept the admission offer on the application portal.
Application fee of Malaya University: The application fee at the University of Malaya is 300 RM
Application Deadline at University of Malaya
The deadline for application at Malaya University for admission and scholarship for 2022 is June 30, 2022. Whereas, most of the scholarships offered at the University of Malaya are open for applications throughout the year.