The Malaysian Government Scholarships for the class of 2022-2023 are offered by the Malaysian Government to outstanding students for acquiring their higher education in Malaysia. This Malaysian scholarship is open to all international intelligent students having nationalities of ASIAN countries, Palestine, and the Kingdom of Morocco.
Malaysian fellowship includes funding for the students who have done their undergraduate studies and are now interested to start their postgraduate studies i.e: Masters or Ph.D. level. If you are also one of them then you are warmly welcomed to any of the Malaysian public or private institutions mentioned hereafter.
Meanwhile, the step-by-step complete guide including details about the Malaysian Government Scholarship is described below:
Study level of Malaysian Government Scholarship:
This scholarship is annually offered to international students who want to pursue academic studies for Masters and Ph.D. degrees.
Funding Benefits of the Malaysian Government Scholarships:
The benefits of Malaysian scholarships are:
- This scholarship will cover your full tuition fee.
- A monthly allowance of approximately 1500 RM will be awarded to the successful students.
- However, you will have to afford the other expenses of daily life on your own.
- You will also have to arrange the traveling costs to Malaysia by yourself.
English Language Requirement for Malaysian Scholarships
Applicants are required to provide English language proficiency certificates in order to apply for admissions on Malaysian government scholarships. Therefore, any English proficiency test can be accepted by Malaysian Universities.
This means IELTS is not a mandatory need to apply for a Malaysian Government Scholarship if IELTS alternative English test report is available. The IELTS alternative tests accepted by Malsyain Universities can be TOEFL, DET, PTE, CanTEST, or Cambridge English tests.
General Eligibility Criteria for Malaysian Government Scholarships:
- The age of scholarship aspirants must be up to 40 or 45 but not more than them.
- Master’s degree aspirants must have a CGPA of 3.5 or a Second Class Upper (Honours) at the Bachelor’s level.
- The Ph.D. degree aspirants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at the Master’s degree level or an outstanding result in the field which the aspirant wants to pursue in future studies.
- You will have to write a proposal of 1000 words about your desired field to acquire in Malaysia.
English Language Requirements:
- For getting a Malaysian Government scholarship in any level of study either a Master’s or Ph.D., proof of English language proficiency is a must.
- You have to provide the scores of international English language exams.
- In the case of IELTS, you should have a minimum score of about 6.5.
- In the same way, if you have done TOEFL then your score must be at least 92.
- However, if you don’t have internationally recognized language scores but have studied in an institute where the medium of instruction was English then you can also provide its proof instead of IELTS or TOEFL.
Application Procedure for the Malaysian Government Scholarship:
The students of both categories (Master’s, Ph.D.) can apply through the online application portal of the Malaysian Government through the link given at the end of the article:
- The first step is to create an account on the Malaysian Government Scholarship page (link at the end)
- Then create your student profile, and start application
- For the confirmation of your nationality, you must provide a copy of your passport with a validity of up to six months.
- An officially scanned copy of your previous academic transcripts reveals completely the courses you have completed during the degree programs.
- The scholarship aspirants for a Master’s degree must provide the academic transcript of the Bachelor’s degree.
- The Ph.D. aspirants must provide the academic transcripts of their Master’s degree.
- You will have to provide proof of your English language proficiency in the form of a certified copy.
- You must have to provide a certified copy of an official document issued by your previous institute showing information about the institute’s grading system.
- A copy f your research proposal is a must.
- Your CV or resume describes each and every previous educational aspect of you.
- You will have to supply at least two recommendation letters from your two separate teachers, supervisors of, head of your previous educational institute, etc.
Deadline of Malaysian Government Scholarship:
The last date to apply for this Malaysian scholarship usually occurs in March or April every year (Changes in the deadline are possible).
Universities Offering Malaysian Government Scholarships:
This scholarship offers admission in twenty-four Malaysian universities:
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
Study Fields included under Malaysian Government Scholarships:
A wide range of courses and fields are available in the above mentioned Malaysian universities but the specific 9 majors included in the Malaysian Government Scholarship are:
- Health does not include nursing, medicine, or clinical pharmacy.
- Science and Engineering.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Environmental Studies.
Malaysian Government Scholarship Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
The last date to apply for the Malaysian Government Scholarship is set for June 15, 2022. Whereas, applications are open for all candidates from May 15, 2022.