It is not so easy to find the complete list of documents required to apply for a UK VISA depending on the type of British VISA you are opting for. Therefore, i wrote down this article to help you out in your quest to complete your document set as per the type of your British VISA. Applying for a UK visa can feel like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Understanding the requirements and application process is key to making sure you submit your application on time, so here’s an overview of what you need to know.
Types of UK VISA in 2023 – Which One Are You Applying for?
Here is a list of the different types of UK visas:
- General Visitor Visa
- Transit Visitor Visa
- Student Visitor Visa
- Business Visitor Visa
- Parent of Child at University Visa
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor Visa
- Settlement Visa
- Short-Term Study Visa
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visa
Documents Requirement for UK General VISA and Settlement VISA
To apply for a UK visa, you must first decide which type of visa fits your needs best. The main types are General Visitor Visas and Settlement Visas (also known as Long-term Visas). A General Visitor Visa is usually issued for up to six months and allows the holder to visit the UK temporarily for business or pleasure. A Settlement Visa provides extended leave in the UK and can be granted for up to five years, at the discretion of the Home Office.
Document Requirement for British General Visitor Visa:
Generally speaking, applicants who are applying for a British General Visitor Visa must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds available during their stay in the UK; this amount will vary depending on how long they intend to stay.
Document Requirement for British Settlement Visa:
Applicants who are applying for a Settlement Visa will need additional proof that they plan to settle permanently in the UK, such as evidence of family ties, qualifications, or employment opportunities.
List of Documents Required for UK VISA Application
All applicants should make sure they are aware of any changes to immigration rules since submitting their initial application; these changes may affect their eligibility or result in longer wait times. To apply for a UK visa, you must provide the following documents:
- All applicants must provide proof of identity (such as a passport) with their application form. There must be at least one blank page available in the passport with its validity to be at least 3 months at the time of departure for the UK.
- Two colored photographs (Less than six months old)
- Evidence of employment or education (for non-British citizens)
- Evidence of family ties or qualifications (for applications seeking permanent residence)
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in the UK
- To qualify for a UK Visa, citizens of certain countries are required to submit test reports for tuberculosis tests.
- Police character certificate (for non-British Citizens)
- You must submit a detailed itinerary outlining your planned activities and transportation whilst in the UK. Details like as when and where you will be going, who you will be meeting, what activities you have planned, and what festivals you will be attending should be included.
- British VISA application fee submission receipt
Additional Documents Requirement Based on UK VISA Type
Self-employed VISA Applicant Case: Include proof of business registration with your UK VISA application if you plan to work independently. These records need to attest to who the business’s owner is and when it opened for business.
Student VISA Applicant Case: If you are a student then attach an admission offer letter from the UK University with your VISA Application. You should receive a letter from that British university verifying your enrollment.
Employment VISA Applicant Case: Please include an appointment letter with your UK VISA application if you have been offered employment in the United Kingdom. The duties of your new job, starting date, and end date should all be spelled out in this appointment letter from your UK employer.
Spouse VISA Applicant Case: Proof of genuine relationship with your partner will be required. Your partner’s proof of British citizenship, residence in the UK, or indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK and, proof that you meet the income requirements (minimum £18,600 per year).
Once all required documents have been submitted with an application form, processing times may vary; some visas can be processed within two weeks while others may take several months before being approved. To ensure your visa is processed quickly and efficiently, it’s important you detail your plans accurately and fully on your initial application form – including any dependents who might come with you – so that there are no delays later down the line.