The fully-funded Qatar Government Scholarships of the 2022-2023 academic year in various Qatar-based Universities are currently open for online applications for students.
So if you are looking for scholarship opportunities to complete your higher education degree, we have a great option for you!
The Qatari Government is offering fully funded Qatar scholarships 2022 to international students to study free of cost in Qatar. So, if you want to study at the top-ranking National University of Qatar, follow the instructions in this guide.
What Programs are Available for the Students under the Qatar Government Scholarship Program?
Students are free to apply for a wide range of academic programs including 47 bachelor’s, 29 masters, 20 Ph.D. programs, and 9 Diploma programs.
Funding of the Qatar Government Scholarships
Students qualifying for the Qatar Government Scholarships will be entitled to get the following benefits:
- Full waiver from tuition fee
- Free-of-cost university accommodation
- Exemption from textbook fees throughout the degree program
- Round trip airfare ticket to home country and back once a year.
Eligibility Criteria for the Qatar Government Scholarships
To apply for a fully-funded Qatar Government Scholarship, students must abide by the following eligibility criteria:
- There are no restrictions regarding the nationality of the students. All international students and Qatar nationals are welcome to apply for the scholarship.
- All the applicants must have earned their previous degrees from an accredited educational institution.
- Bachelor’s program applicants must have a high school diploma.
- Master’s program applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.8
- PhD. program applicants must have a Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Diploma degree program applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.8
Note: Professional degree scholarship holders who fail to attain 3.0 in the first semester will cease to receive the benefits under the scholarship program.
Admission requirements vary for both undergraduate and graduate-level students. There are different requirements for different application types like new students, transfer students, visiting students, or non-degree applicants.
Method to Apply to the Qatar Government Scholarships 2022:
The application submission system for the Qatar Government Scholarship 2022 is very feasible. Since it is online, international students can apply for the award without having to check the status of their post.
The students have to fill the application form online and attach the required documents.
All the applicants, except for GCC citizens, must apply for a student visa to study in Qatar. Students who don’t apply for visas will not be considered for the scholarships.
Once the results are declared, students will have the option of freezing their admission (deferring) for a maximum of two semesters.
Documents Required for the Qatar Government Scholarships 2022
Students will have to submit the following documents alongside their applications for the Qatar Government Scholarships 2022:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Recommendation letters
- Photocopy of ID
- Research proposal or study plan
- Photocopy of passport
- Transcripts and degrees
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Previous degree Standardized GRE / GME test scores (only for PhD. program applicants)
- Letter of motivation
Deadline for the Qatar Government Scholarships Application:
The last date to submit your applications for the Qatar Government Scholarships 2022 is January 31st, 2022.