Following are the fully-funded Scholarships for Nigerian Students during the 2022-2023 academic year for all majors and degrees.
It is no secret that higher education abroad is not cheap. In addition to overwhelming tuition fees, students are bombarded with additional expenses such as transport fees, accommodation, basic daily life essentials, etc. Without assistance from an external source, it is nearly impossible for students to carry this burden on their own.
Financial aid is crucial for impoverished students who wish to pursue higher education. After all, being underprivileged does not mean you cannot make a great future for yourself. For underprivileged students, it is even more difficult to manage this intimidating sum.
Most students are inclined to take students loan, which may not suit all students. Other than that, most of the international universities require a 5.5 to 6 IELTS or TOEFL score. This is also one of the intimidating factors that make students hesitate to apply to International universities. If you are a Nigerian student looking for scholarship opportunities, then this article is the right place for you.
Nigeria Students Scholarships in 2022
Here are some scholarship opportunities for Nigerians waiting to be availed by bright students who wish to pursue higher education.
The University of Reading is a well-known university worldwide. It ranks at 202nd position globally, making it one of the world’s top 1% universities. It is well-known for its academic and extracurricular excellence. In recent times, a total of 18,735 students were enrolled in this prestigious university. It is a highly respected institution, popular mainly for its educated professors.
The University of Reading, UK is offering 100 scholarships for Undergraduates.
Degree level: Undergraduate.
Program: B.Sc. Architecture.
Scholarship: £1,000 every year for four years (a total of £4,000)
- The academic accomplishment of grades AAB at A level (or equivalent*) provided before 31st August 2022.
- Impressive performance at University interviews to show your commitment and passion to study Architecture at the University of Reading.
- Applicants who possess a prior degree or other Higher Education qualifications are not eligible.
- Only international students can apply for this scholarship.
Students will be given third and fourth scholarships, depending on their first and second-year academic results at the University of Reading.
#2 University of Bristol Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The University of Bristol is considered to be in the World’s top 100 most prestigious educational institutes and UK’s top 10 most excellent universities. The University of Bristol ranks at 62nd position worldwide according to QS ranking, 2022. A University that extraordinary is incredibly hard to get into.
The University of Bristol offers Masters’s Scholarships to its international students.
Degree level: Masters.
Scholarship: £2,000 in two installments.
The first installment will be given to the eligible students in October 2022. The second installment will be given to the eligible scholars in January 2023.
To be eligible to receive the Master’s scholarship, the students must
- Have applied at the University of Bristol to get a full-time master’s program that commences in the coming autumn.
- Be studying full time one year or above postgraduate programs.
- Have an undergraduate degree (or should be expecting to receive it before 31st May 2022)
Additionally, applicants for PG CERT, PGCE, PG DIP, and (M.Sc.) (R) programs are ineligible for the Bristol Master’s Scholarship.
Terms and conditions:
To accomplish the scholarship reward, it is necessary for the receiver to be from an underrepresented group. A student is eligible to apply if she or he may:
- have completed as an undergraduate Widening Participation scheme.
- Have a disability.
- Have asylum seeker or refugee status.
- Be from a minority background in terms of ethnicity.
- Be the first one of the family to be receiving a higher education.
- Have been eligible for free school meals in the past.
Scholarships are awarded based on a scoring system to ensure just and fair scholarship distribution. Once a list of students has been selected to award Scholarships, the rest of the applicants are put on a reserved list.
Applicants are alerted through email if they achieve the scholarship reward. A detailed email of all the requirements is sent to the scholarship achiever. Complete instructions are sent to applicants through email. If an applicant fails to respond to the email in time, the scholarship is passed down to the next in line in the reserved list.
It is essential for applicants to have applied to study a full-time postgraduate Master’s program from Bristol University. If they have not applied, their scholarship application may be rejected.
#3 University of Geneva Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The University of Geneva is an outstanding university for higher education. It has been ranked No. 99th worldwide and number 3 in Switzerland. It is one of the most renowned and distinguished universities worldwide, with its graduates successfully securing high positions in different companies.
The University of Geneva is offering scholarships for Masters Program for international students.
Degree level: Masters.
Masters in any Subject covered by the Faculty of Science, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Geology, and Prehistoric Archaeology.
Scholarship: 10,000 to 15,000 CHF/year or $10,788 to $16,181.
- Students are eligible to apply to the University of Geneva Masters scholarship if they have completed their undergraduate degree or are in the last semester of it.
- Applicants must be performing as the highest achievers of their class.
- Applicants must meet the admission criteria of their selected/preferred master’s program.
- Proof of your matriculation enrollment or scan of your UNIGE card is required.
- Your home undergraduate university does not matter, you should have an outstanding score.
Terms and conditions:
Applicants can apply to the University of Geneva without having to give TOEFL. Applicants can instead submit any other pertinent information, like results of the General requirement examination GRE or any other language test.