The list of fully-funded Scholarships in Europe with IELTS Exemption for the class of 2022-2023 is now available here. Apply for these European Scholarships without worrying about appearing for the IELTS exam.
Comprising of 44 countries Europe is your go-to educational stop. Not only do European countries offer wonderful scholarship programs but it brings with itself countless advantages and benefits. Studying in European countries enables students of traveling tastes to enjoy their travel tours considering the close proximity between various European states.
An experience widely termed as a plus point is the cultural diversity that the continent offers. It often prepares students to adjust and settle with different environments and people in their future lives and professional endeavors. With that, it brings many career-defining opportunities to help you make the most out of the hard work put in during the educational days.
English Language Requirement or IELTS Exemption in EU Universities:
A huge misconception that surrounds students is the thought of different admission processes without IELTS. European Universities that do not require IELTS design their normal admission applications as well as scholarship applications keeping this in view.
You can head over to the websites of your desired Europan universities and find out whether they require an alternative English proficiency test. Some universities ask for alternative proficiency tests e.g DuoLingo and universities own language testing examinations among others. In other cases, proof of your previous education attended in the English language is enough to be eligible for application.
How Can I Find Scholarship Programs in Europe Without IELTS?
To figure out the best European scholarships not necessarily in terms of values but also in sync with your study areas, analyze all the available scholarships in detail. Keeping in view the analyzed versions, shortlist the best scholarships you think to suit you the most. Apply for the relevant programs and get your fingers crossed!
If you pass the first round you must be shortlisted for an online video interview. Managing to pass that you’ll receive your acceptance letter. So good luck in finding yourself the best educational programs because nobody can tell you better than yourself on what is best for you.
Financial Cover Sponsored by EU Scholarships
The winning applicants of any European Scholarships will be entitled to receive any or all of the below listed financial coverage plans;
- Partial or full funding facility for full education duration,
- Bedding facility at the dormitory, or funding for renting a place nearby University area,
- Monthly fund disbursement for living expenses (Monthly Stipends),
- Foreigner student health cover plan,
- Airfare (onesided or return),
- Subscription to use laboratory equipment and buying materials for science projects,
- Funding coverage for attending international conferences,
- Opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities,
- Allocation of free hours to work part-time nearby University vicinity.
Roadmap to Apply for Admission in European Universities
Following is the recommended sequential set of steps to apply for admission and scholarship in any of the European universities;
- Search Top 10 European Universities offering desired degree,
- Check if the desired course is offered under a scholarship,
- Read eligibility requirements of the Selected course program,
- Read entry requirements of the Selected University,
- Check acceptance rates of Universities to find the most competitive VS easiest Universities to get enrolled,
- List down priority Universities for admission and Scholarship applications,
- Check admission application fees of each of the selected University,
- Check document requirement of course program and University admission office,
- After all these checks, select the top 3 Universities that fits best and start the application procedure,
- Create applicant accounts on University admission pages,
- Fill in the applicant’s details, attach documents, and review applications before submission,
- Submit your Scholarship and Admissions applications,
- Wait for an interview call or admission acceptance letter.
- Apply for EU Study VISA,
- Arrive at University and start the enrollment process.
Documents Required for EU Scholarship and Admission Applications
If you are interested in applying for an admission or a scholarship in Europe then you will need any or all of the following set of documents for filing an application:
- Letter of motivation for scholarship or admission
- Study plan detailing the research idea, academic planning, and purpose of studying abroad,
- Research proposal detailing proposed research idea; with novelty, objective, execution plan, funding and facility requirement, and relevant information.
- All academic degrees and transcripts
- Letter of recommendations in the original.
- Intent letter or SOP,
- Resume with Covering letter
- Extra-curricular activities certifications
- Artwork record
- Acceptance letter
- Family financial bank records
Scratching Your Head on; How to Apply for a European Student Visa?
One of the biggest concerns with taking up overseas study programs is the tiring hassle the European Visa process mostly causes. So we are here to help you understand the European Student Visa processes generally. To begin with, you must first check from your European university’s International Admissions department on whether they help students through Visa processes. Got a negative and have to do it all by yourself? Well, hurry up and get to work.
Firstly, you’ll need to fill out a European Study VISA application form which can be obtained from the countries embassy you’re applying in.
In the next phase, you might be called for a face-to-face interview with the embassy which is a common practice across countries. In some cases, inquiries about the degree program funding are made to ensure the student has the finances to complete the program. The supporting proof can be in the form of a European scholarship offer.
Some countries also require English proficiency test results. Europe’s student visa process can take long periods of time and on the other hand, can be issued within a couple of weeks. The time period is mainly based on your strength of the application so make sure to submit an error-free application without contradictions.
Europe’s student visa may differ with regard to the course program duration. So make sure to submit a timely visa application if you don’t want to miss out a once in a lifetime scholarship offer.
Scholarships in Europe without IELTS
Here is a list of some of the top European scholarships with IELTS exemption; if you provide other supporting English Language Proficiency documents:
#1 UK Scholarships without IELTS
England is one of the most celebrated educational states with a wide array of top-ranked universities in the world game. The universities offer British scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., and many more courses.
Gates Cambridge, Clarendon, Chevening’s, and Commonwealth Scholarships are top-rated scholarship programs in the UK among many others which offer scholarships without the need of the IELTS exam; rather submit other alternate certifications for proving your proficiency in the English language.
#2 Germany Scholarships without IELTS
Germany has some of the top educational institutions around the world with a beautiful sense of cities. Some of the top universities that accept admissions and offer scholarships regardless of IELTS are the Free University of Berlin, University of Kassel, and Kiel.
#3 Russian Scholarships Without IELTS
Russia is another country that relies heavily on scholarship-based education-driven in various courses and fields. Russian institutes have been delivering high-quality education for a long period of time. Russian Government Scholarship is on top which offers free education without the need of presenting them with the IELTS exam as an eligibility standard. Rather, you can submit an IELTS exemption certificate.
#4 French Scholarships Without IELTS
France is a well-supported country in terms of the foreign student’s inflow mainly due to the prestige, theatrics, aesthetics, and history it depicts. With Paris at its heart, it is a wonderful place to spend your university years.
In order to apply for France scholarships without IELTS; consider Sorbonne Université scholarships, University of Paris scholarships, PSL Research University scholarships, University of Paris-Saclay scholarships, and Université Grenoble Alpes scholarships.
#5 Italian Scholarships Without IELTS
Well-recognized due to its wonderful cuisine Italy is a country associated with class and prestige. It has some of the best tourist attractions in the world e.g the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Bologna University, Bocconi University, and the University of Padova offer scholarship programs ranging from 5k to 12k EUROS/yr with IELTS exemption if you provide other English language proficiency documents. The course programs are aimed at undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., Masters’s, and other projects making their way to the center stage.
#6 Spanish Scholarships Without IELTS
Widely known for their love for football the Spaniards are a well-educated nation. The Spanish Ministry of Education is flooring out new and big scholarship initiatives each year to welcome foreign students into the Spanish education system. The University of Granada, European University of the Atlantic among other universities offers huge scholarship reliefs with tuition fee waivers of up to 100%.
The scholarships in Spain are available for applications without the need to submit IELTS results if an applicant can provide alternate English language test results or an English Language proficiency certificate alongside with admissions application.
#7 Polish Scholarships Without IELTS
Poland, though, a less talked up state finds its beauty in its own way. It has a wonderful range from a beautiful sea to a wonderful terrain with breathtaking views of snowy mountains and hills. So if you’re an admirer of nature you won’t decline an acceptance letter from any of the top Polish universities.
If you want to study in Poland Universities but can not afford to pay for an IELTS exam then consider applying for such Poland Scholarships that do not require an IELTS exam. An English language proficiency certificate or an alternative to the IELTS exam certificate will suffice the need.
Following is the list of Poland Scholarships that can be accessed without the IELTS exam:
- The University of Wroclaw Scholarships,
- Jagiellonian University Scholarships,
- Poland Łukasiewicz Scholarships,
- Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Scholarships,
- Adam Mickiewicz University scholarships,
- University of Warsaw scholarships,
- Lazarski University Scholarships,
- Ulam international scholarships.
#8 Netherland’s Scholarships Without IELTS
Hugely known from Amsterdam, its beauty almost overshadows the rest of the country undermining the nationwide raw beauty with windmills, cheese markets, and rich heritage.
The Netherlands ’ Government has initiated an Orange scholarship program valued at 5,000 euros. Netherland is not considered an ideal destination but the standard of education and low living costs doesn’t make it an awful option either. University of Amsterdam and Leiden University are some of the top institutions in the country maintaining and striving to improve the quality of education.
Following is the list of Netherlands Scholarships without IELTS:
- Holland’s orange scholarships,
- University of Amsterdam scholarships with IELTS exemption,
- Utrecht University scholarships with no IELTS,
- Scholarships at Leiden University without IELTS,
- Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarships,
- The Delft University of Technology Scholarships,
- Maastricht University Scholarships,
- Radboud University Scholarships.
#9 Belgium Scholarships Without IELTS
Located in Western Europe, Belgium is famous for its love for sweetness in the shape of chocolates and waffles. Brussels is the most famous city in the country, rich in heritage and full of class and beauty.
There are a number of Belgium scholarship programs without IELTS underway in the country with the aim of welcoming foreign students into the Belgium system and economy out of which some of the top programs are as follows:
- Mastermind scholarships
- KU Leuven Scholarships
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
- Ghent University Top-Up Grants for Developing Countries
For Masters’s students, this program provides a 1000 euro allowance per month to overseas students to help their financial hand.
- ARES Scholarships
This program helps 150 overseas students to carry out Masters with 70 students to carry out training courses. The scholarship covers housing allowance, tuition fee, insurance, travel fares, and monthly allowances for overall needs.
The University of Ghent and the University of Brussels are some of the top universities found in the country.
#10 Swiss Scholarships Without IELTS
Switzerland is widely praised for its beautiful and gifted terrain with high peaks and lakes flowing through them. Most of the Switzerland scholarship programs are initiated in the country to improve ties with other states. Swiss Scholarships are mainly based on research improving and establishing the trend of research and practical-based study.
Following Swiss Scholarships options are our findings for you to which you can apply without the IELTS exam;
- University of Bern Scholarships,
- Switzerland Government Scholarships,
- University of Zurich Scholarships,
- University of Lausanne Scholarships,
- University of Fribourg Scholarships,
- University of Neuchâtel Scholarships,
- University of Geneva Scholarships,
- ETH Zürich Scholarships.
#11 Norwegian Scholarships without IELTS
Norway is renowned for its breathtaking picturization with beautiful lakes, glaciers, and mountains. Norway has shifted focus to widening its educational compass with new scholarship initiatives being introduced. To make easier pathways they’ve cut down on requirements with many universities not requiring IELTS.
Some of the top Norway scholarship programs without IELTS requirements include:
- University of Oslo Scholarships,
- University of Stavanger Scholarships,
- University of Bergen Scholarships,
- University of Agder Scholarships,
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology Scholarships,
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences Scholarships,
- Erasmus+ Grant
The program covers tuition fees, living allowances, laboratory, and examination expenses.
- University of Bergen Free Masters: The University of Bergen is providing free Masters degrees to international students, an opportunity easy to win.
#12 Hungarian Scholarships without IELTS
With Budapest as its capital, Hungary is a landlocked country with classic and admirable architecture. A number of Hungarian scholarships are provided by the government and universities without IELTS. Some of the programs are as follows:
- University of Szeged Scholarships,
- Semmelweis University Scholarshps,
- University of Sopron Scholarships,
- Eötvös Loránd University Scholarships,
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics Scholarships,
- Corvinus University of Budapest Scholarships,
- Hungarian Government Scholarship Program,
A full package of academic funding covering monthly stipend, free education, living facility, and health insurance with possible airfare funding; is a government initiative with 5,000 awards given out each year under this banner.
- Central European University Scholarships,
One of the top universities in Hungary offers scholarship programs to international students to waive tuition fees. This program is available to applicants of Masters, Doctoral, and Bachelor degrees.
#13 Romania Scholarships without IELTS
Romania has a number of quality institutions and scholarship schemes for national and international students. The top universities of Romania include; the University of Bucharest and the University of Galati.
Some of the top Romanian scholarship programs with IELTS exemption include:
- University of Bucharest Scholarships,
- Transilvania University of Brasov Scholarships,
- Babes-Bolyai University Scholarships,
- POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest Scholarships,
- Romania Government Scholarships;
It is a government-funded initiative which fully covers the tuition costs. Available for people from around the globe it requires academic smarts and excellence.
- CEEPUS Scholarship Programs;
In collaboration with the University of Bucharest and University Politehnica Bucharest, this program enables to students to pursue studies at these institutions.
#14 Swedish Scholarships without IELTS
The land of versatility with mountains, lakes, and islands it is a wonderful place to spend your young age in. There are some really welcoming initiatives kicked off in Sweden for international communities out of which some are as follows:
- Lund University Scholarships,
- Stockholm University Scholarships,
- Chalmers University of Technology Scholarships,
- University of Gothenburg Scholarships,
- Uppsala University Scholarships: Uppsala University provides 70 scholarships for Masters and Bachelors programs each.
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology Scholarships: There are various scholarships at KTH including the KTH one-year program which covers the tuition fee for one year of a Masters’s course. The KTH India Scholarship is specifically designed for Indians. It covers the full tuition fee of the course permitted by the results of the student along with a monthly allowance.
#15 Denmark Scholarships without IELTS
Denmark, similarly to Sweden is a land host to many islands. With many top educational institutes, it comprises some really helpful scholarship reliefs.
Some of the best Denmark scholarship schemes which may not require IELTS include:
- Aarhus University Scholarships,
- Design School Kolding Scholarships,
- University of Southern Denmark Scholarships,
- Danish Government Scholarships: Funded and initiated by the Danish government this program supports Masters, Bachelors, and Ph.D. degrees.
- IT University of Copenhagen Scholarships: The scholarship waives off the tuition fee. To be eligible you must: be from countries within EU/EEA, US Citizen with Fulbright Scholarship, on a bilateral exchange program, started studies at the IT university in 2006 or earlier
#16 Lithuania Scholarships without IELTS
Lithuania is best known for its greenery and eye-catching landscapes. It has various institutes that teach a variety of courses. In addition to that various NO IELTS Lithuania scholarships are offered in the country out of which few such programs are:
- Vilnius University Scholarships,
- Klaipeda University Scholarships,
- Kaunas University of Technology Scholarships,
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Scholarships
- Lithuania Government Scholarships;
It is a fully funded Lithuanian scholarship introduced for international students by the Lithuania Government. It offers a monthly allowance, stipend, housing allowance, travel return airfare and allowances for cultural activities. These coverages are divided amongst the Masters and PhD level.
Here we conclude our list of the top European scholarship programs without IELTS. The continent provides enriched educational experiences also widening their focus on providing financial relief to third world countries. Not only these are good stops for educational purposes but you won’t get bored on weekends too.