Applications are currently being accepted for DAAD Scholarships for 2023/24 in Germany. The application period for DAAD Scholarships for 2023 ends on December 31, 2022. It is now time to apply and gather the necessary docs for the Scholarship.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is one of the largest scholarships funded by the German government, offering scholarships for full-time master’s and doctoral degree programs at top German universities. Every year, the German government provides financial aid to more than 100,000 students studying in Germany. Participants in this Scholarship will not be required to pay any fees and all costs will be covered.
If you are interested in receiving a scholarship to study in Germany, read this guide. Because in this article, we will go over what the DAAD scholarship 2023 is, its advantages, and the application process.
The Advantages of a DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2023
The DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded foreign student scholarship. With the help of this scholarship, students from around the world can study at a top university in Germany and earn a master’s or doctoral degree. Graduate students receive 861 euros per month, while doctoral candidates receive 1,200 euros per month in DAAD funding.
Academic expenses, accident and health insurance, travel allowance, accommodation allowance for family members, and a monthly rent subsidy will all be covered by this scholarship.
Field Coverage and Program Duration
Do not be concerned that it is narrow in scope; it covers a vast array of academic fields. Master’s programs typically last between 12 and 24 months, while Ph.D. programs take a minimum of 36 months to complete.
Highly Paid Scholarship and Work Permission
Due to the highly paid nature of this scholarship, students prefer to study in Germany. Second, foreign students in Germany are permitted to work part-time. With a German part-time job, you can make between €450 and €600 per month. A student visa will allow you to visit any of Europe’s countries and travel freely while on vacation. There are Airfare Tickets available for the DAAD Scholarship in 2023.
Subjects Offered on DAAD Scholarships
Yearly, thousands of learners from all over the world place their trust in German universities. These courses are available through this scholarship Program.
- Economics, Business Administration, and Political Economics
- Cooperation for Development
- Complementary Sciences and Engineering
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Forestry & Agricultural Sciences
- Natural & Environmental Sciences
- Health and Medicine
- Law, Education, & Social Sciences
- Media Study
DAAD Scholarship Application Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants from all developing nations are eligible. You can view the List of Developing Countries on DAAD official website.
- Applicants typically have completed a four-year Bachelor’s degree program in their chosen field.
- Normally, a person’s academic degree shouldn’t be older than six years.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required.
Required Documents List for DAAD Scholarship Application
- The application form is available under “Application Process.”
- A CV that has been hand-signed (use Europa’s sample form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
- A two-page hand-signed motivation letter (in relation to the current employment).
- Educational recommendation letters (the letters must be recent, have a letterhead, a sign, and an approved stamp)
- Professional recommendation letters from your company (The letter must be current and include a letterhead, a sign, and an authorized stamp.)
- Acknowledgment of employment from your home nation’s company and, if possible, an assurance of re-employment.
- Language proficiency evidence:
- English: Different programs have different language entry criteria. Candidates for a DAAD scholarship must possess a minimum IELTS (band 6) or TOEFL score of 550 (minimum scores of 550 on paper, 213 on the computer, and 80 on the internet).
- German: You can’t enroll in German university courses unless you have a DSH 2 or Test DaF 4 certificate. A certificate at or above Level B1 is required at the time of application.
- Academic degrees verified copies (with translation)
Note: As specified above, competency in either German or English is necessary.
Procedure for Application and Selection
- You submit your complete application to the appropriate postgraduate program.
- A selection board recommends potential DAAD scholarship applicants.
- The recommended applicants will be informed by the DAAD in order to upload their complete applications to the DAAD Official website.
- The selection procedure will be completed, and the recommended applicants will be notified.