Germany Study VISA 2023 – Germany is inviting talented students from all across the world to its world-class educational institutions. Every year thousands of students travel to Germany for pursuing higher education. Like other countries, Germany has certain requirements as to who can enter its borders as a student and whether or not they need a student visa. This article jots down everything you need to know about German student visas.
Do I need a Student Visa to Study in Germany?
Citizens of the following countries do not need a study visa in order to get attend college/university in Germany:
- EEA/EU citizens
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United States
- South Korea
If you are from a country that is not listed above and want to travel to Germany as a student, you will need a student visa.
German Student Visa | Application Process for 2023:
Locate the German Embassy or Consulate in your home country. In some countries, visa applications are handled by third-party visa companies. Submit all the required documents along with the visa application form to the embassy or visa agency.
Once you submit all the documents, you will be asked to attend a formal visa interview. Students should look up common interview questions online to prepare themselves for the interview.
The German student visa processing can take up to 25 days. In some cases, it can also take from 6 weeks to 3 months. It all depends upon how efficient the German consulate is in your home country.
Documents Required for German Student Visa:
The following documents are required to be submitted to apply for a German study visa:
- Two completely filled-out visa forms.
- Your original passport along with two photocopies.
- Birth and marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Two recent biometric photographs.
- Child’s certificate (if applicable)
- Acceptance/admission letter from a German educational institution.
- Proof of financial stability. Students have to show that they can bear their living and study costs in Germany. This is done through one of the following means:
- A blocked account was opened via Expatrio, which is accepted by German authorities.
- Letter of commitment issued by a German resident showing that they will sponsor the applicant’s stay in Germany.
- Letter of declaration from the applicant’s parents declaring that they can financially support the applicant in Germany.
- Scholarship certificate asserting that the applicant will be receiving financial coverage during his/her studies in Germany.
- Academic records of previous education
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Letter
- Student health insurance valid for three months
- Proof of visa application fee payment
- Proof of German or English language proficiency (depending upon the medium of instruction at the institution you have been accepted to)
In addition to the documents listed above, applicants can be required to submit additional documents based on their profile.
German Student Visa | Application Fee: €75
The application fee for a German student visa is €75. This fee has to be paid via bank transfer and is non-refundable in case your visa application gets rejected. Make sure to carry the fee transfer confirmation with you at the time you attend the visa interview.