We are happy to break the news that the New Zealand Government has started awarding a number of fully-funded scholarships for the class of 2022-2023 to international students; enabling them to study for free in top New Zealandish Universities.
Everyone’s aware of how New Zealand is indeed a stunning location, however, there is so much more to the country than its breathtaking scenery. New Zealand is quickly becoming one of the current favorites for students all over the world who are looking to attend university abroad.
New Zealand has a lot of potential such as a great educational sector, globally renowned certifications, numerous research possibilities, and an unrivaled standard of living. You should expect a kind and pleasant culture with an outstanding support structure for foreign students while studying here.
English Language Requirement for New Zealand Scholarships
The major language of instruction in New Zealand is the English language which is why admission offices of New Zealand Universities require valid proof of English language ability of candidates interested to study in New Zealand. This is why IELTS is the most widely accepted certificate in New Zealand. But if one does not have IELTS then IELTS alternative tests can also be accepted for taking admissions in New Zealand such as TOEFL, PTE, CanTEST, DET, CAE, or any Cambridge tests.
Coverage Benefts of New Zealand Scholarships
- Candidates will benefit from top-quality education. The majority of New Zealand’s colleges are ranked in the top 3% of colleges globally
- Exposure to leadership and practical skills
- This opportunity will allow the candidate to enter a multi-cultural society and share a place with the global community of capable professors
- Full tuition fees
- Traveling expenses
- Weekly living allowances
- Medical and traveling insurance
- Project allowances
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships in New Zealand
As per the restrictions due to the pandemic, New Zealand is only accepting students from certain countries. Before applying, one is required to check if their country is eligible to take part in the scholarship.
In order to verify if the candidate is eligible, they must fill up an online questionnaire. This way the candidate will get a confirmation of their qualification for the scholarship. The candidate is required to be 18 years or older for application. More so, candidates who specify how they will utilize the learned knowledge in their country’s development from the scholarship will be prioritized.
Steps to Apply for New Zealand Scholarships:
Qualified candidates can begin with their application procedure once the dates for application in their country open. Following are the steps you are required to follow to apply for the New Zealand scholarships:
- First, the candidates will need to validate their eligibility via an online test.
- Once the candidate is eligible, a ‘register’ button will appear on the screen. After clicking on it, the candidate will begin their registration for their Scholarship Account.
- The candidate’s email will become the username for the account.
- After setting the password, the candidate will complete their application and submit it.
Documents Required for New Zealand Scholarship Application
While the application form is online, the candidate is required to attach the following:
- Copies of all their educational documentation or transcripts to show grades
- All records must be translated into English
- Certificates of academic record
- Research proposal or a study plan
- Letter of motivation or an SOP
2022 New Zealand Scholarships Open for Applications:
The types of scholarships available from the New Zealand government are listed below:
- New Zealand Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- University of Auckland Scholarships
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarships
- University of Otago scholarships
- University of Waikato scholarships
- University of Canterbury scholarships
- New Zealand Short-Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste Citizens
- New Zealand Short-Term Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
- New Zealand English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
Application Deadline for New Zealand Scholarships
The deadline for each New Zealand Scholarship application window is different for each type of scholarship; hence, the candidate must thoroughly at the organization’s website to keep a check on it to not miss the deadline.
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application Submission
This section jots down and explains the list of documents needed to be submitted along with a scholarship application. Some of these documents are the same ones that the universities or colleges asked you for while you were applying for admission.
Make sure to prepare the following listed Scholarship Application Documents in order to maximize your chances of selection for any scholarship program:
Optional & Mandatory Documents for Scholarship Application:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Research Proposal for doctoral degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Study plan essay for Master degree candidates (plagiarism-free, and freshly written)
- Attested copies of degree & transcripts for schools, colleges, and universities attended.
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of intent (LOI)
- Letter of Recommendation from professors of the previous college attended. (2 original)
- Health Certificate (1 original, 1 copy)
- Abstract of theses or portfolio (if applicable) (1 original, 1 copy)
- English proficiency certificate or English language test record (IELTS, TOEFL, TELC, etc)
- GRE, GMAT, or other qualifying test records (Optional)
- Scholarship Resume (CV) and a cover letter (Optional)