Hello to all my students who are interested to study abroad for free and looking for such opportunities so now i am going to assist you in providing information about one such fully funded K-scholarship which is recently announced by Global Korea Scholarships Undergrad program (GKS-U) 2024-2025 co-sponsored by Korean Government and Korean ministry of education.
These Global Korean scholarships (GKS-U) are given at undergraduate and masters levels to foster healthy relationships between Korea and the rest of the world whereas these K scholarships are also aimed to bring international talent inside the borders of the Republic of Korea.
More About Global Korean (GKS-U) Scholarships:
You might not know that K-scholarship is given to bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. level students who want to study in Republic of Korea and a total of 262 undergrad students will be awarded with this GKS scholarship, whereas, 1080 students will get scholarships at graduate level. This K scholarship recipients will have to attend a year long Korean language course in one of designated universities and students who are exempted from this requirement are the ones who have achieved a score of more than 5 in their TOPIK exam and students from all over the world invited by K-government to apply for K Scholarships.
GKS Undergraduate Scholarships Coverage Plan:
I think you will be happy to know that this K-scholarship is a fairly generous GKS-U scholarship that covers almost every educational and personal expense of its recipients and benefits of these k scholarship are:
- Reimbursement of airfare at its actual cost.
- A settlement allowance amounting to 200,000 KRW.
- Living allowance up to 900,000 KRW.
- Medical insurance of 20,000 KRW a month.
- Tuition coverage in full (up to 5,000,000 a semester).
- Coverage for taking up language courses of up to 1.3 Million KRW
- Research grant of up to 240,000 KRW a semester (given for the semesters in which the research is being undertaken, if it is indeed a research-oriented program)
- Coverage for printing thesis of up to 800,000 KRW (one time).
- Completion grant of 100,000 KRW (one-time).
In addition to that, another award is also given to those students who are proficient in the Korean Language with worth of this award at around 100,000 KRW.
Global Korean Scholarships (GKS-U) Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible to apply for K-scholarship:
- Applicants and both of their parents must be citizens of a country other than Korea.
- Applicants should be mentally and physically fit enough to survive in a foreign country for a long period of time.
- Undergraduate students must be under 25 years of age while graduate students must be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants must be able to finish their last degree/diploma course before arriving in Korea, i.e. they should have a master’s/bachelor’s degree (for graduate students) or a high school diploma at the time of their arrival in Korea.
- They should also have a CGPA or percentage result of 80% or above in their last degree/diploma programs.
- Applicants must not be in possession of the Global Korea Scholarship in the past.
Process to apply to the Global Korea Scholarships (GKS):
- Students can apply for the Global Korea Scholarships (GKS) via the Korean Embassy located in their home country.
- Applicants will submit their application and all the required documents to the Korean Embassy.
- The Korean Embassy will then shortlist potential candidates and nominate them for this award.
- The scholarship committee will choose the successful candidates by analyzing their documents and profile and will notify the respective embassies of the final results.
- Applicants can apply directly to Korean universities as well if they do not want to take up the embassy track. This way they will have to apply for the Korean scholarships via the university/colleges of their choice.
Documents for Global Korea Scholarships (GKS):
If you have made your mind to apply for the Korean Scholarships such as KGSP Scholarship, GKS Scholarship, or UST Scholarship; all you need to do in the first step is to prepare the mandatory documents for Korean Scholarship Application Submission as listed following:
- Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) form
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal
- Study Plan
- Letter of Recommendation (2)
- Medical test Results
- Korean Citizenship Refutation proof (for previous Korean Citizens)
- TOPIK scores (not mandatory)
- English Language Proficiency scores (not mandatory)
- Letter of Motivation
- Applicant’s ID card or passport copy
- Applicant’s parents’ ID card or passport copy
- CV for Scholarships
- Copy of all the previous degrees and/or high school diploma
- Transcripts of all previous degrees and/or high school diploma
Deadline of the GKS Scholarship:
Global Korea Undergrad Scholarships (GKS) 2024 is opened for application from September 2023 for both embassy and university track applications. Last date to submit your application for GKS University track scholarship application is December 15, 2023 and if you are choosing University track application method then you have to submit your GKS scholarship application untill December 22, 2023.
You must also know that letters of recommendation should be written by two different referees/professors of yoru last attended university and your documents should be submitted to GKS which then will not be returned to the applicants and the GKS Scholarships application form is to be filled in either English or the Korean language.