The fully-funded South Korean Scholarships at the University of Science & Technology (UST) for the academic session 2022-2023; accepting applications for consideration. For all of you looking to pursue your Master’s and Ph.D., here’s a chance for you to be studying at one of the top 100 colleges in the world – the University of Science and Technology.
Courses Offered by UST Korea
UST is known as one of the best colleges in South Korea. Being funded by the government, the University of Science and Technology has a diverse number of institutes that concentrate on a particular field of research such as;
- Bio-analytical Science
- Food Biotechnology
- All areas of Engineering
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology
- Medical Physics
- Ocean Science
- Industrial Technology
- Nano Science
- Science of Measurement
UST offers 300 Korean scholarships for Masters and MPhil pursuers, as well as for Ph.D. The UST scholarship initiative is taken to open up a gateway for international students to carry out advanced studies at a high educational institute in Korea. More so, this initiative helps encourages international academic exchanges as well as mutual friendship among countries.
What is Covered under the UST Scholarship?
The UST scholarship will provide the following benefits to its recipients;
- Fully-funded tuition fees sponsorship
- Monthly Stipends, include $1200 each month for Master’s students and $1600 each month for Ph.D. students.
- Miscellaneous study allowances
- Health insurance for UST Scholarship winners with residence facility
- Free Korean Language course
- Once the candidate’s degree is completed they will be issued an Excellence Award
Process of Application for UST Scholarship:
The process of applying for the UST scholarship is all online, which makes the application easier to fill out. All you have to do is follow the steps and requirements of the university. The steps will involve creating an account, filling out personal details, and a self-assessment health form.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for UST Scholarships?
UST scholarships have no area limits, hence students from all around the world are encouraged to apply to the program of their interest. However, candidates must match up to the following criteria:
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply
- The applicant must be in possession of their bachelor’s degree or equivalent before applying for the Masters’s programs.
- The applicant must be in possession of their master’s degree or equivalent before applying for a Ph.D.
- The applicant must inform about any medical conditions or disability. Keeping such information can affect the application.
Once that is done, the candidate will be asked to upload their research proposal, as well as the necessary documents.
List of Mandatory Documents for UST Admission Application:
- All academic transcripts from high school to the last degree attained
- All transcripts must be translated into English
- Research proposal
- An English proficiency certificate
- Employment proof (if applicable)
- Medical history (if applicable)