Roll up your sleeves and get ready to submit an un-rejectable Scholarship application for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program Scholarships 2022-2023.
So, do you want to serve as the youth ambassador of your country in a developed country such as the United States of America? If so, then this article is composed particularly for you. In this transcript, we will describe such an initiative that not only gives international students a chance to acquire leadership skills and engage in healthy activities in the US, but also a chance to introduce their culture to the American nationals and educate them about their home country.
Interested in knowing more? Stay tuned to this article till the end and learn all that you need to about the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023.
YES Exchange Program:-
The YES Exchange Program 2022 is an initiative that welcomes Muslim students from around the world to live and spend one whole academic year in the United States.
In affiliation with the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Kennedy- Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program aka the YES Program strengthens friendly mutual relations between the Muslim world and the United States.
The YES Exchange Program gives bright students belonging to all the communities, even from the underprivileged areas, a chance to learn the cultures, ethics, and way of living of the American citizens, to increase their educational experience, and to gain practical exposure.
Details of the YES Exchange Program:-
- Host country: The United States of America
- Funding body: The US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Administrative body: The Society of International Education, USA (SIE)
- Tenure of exchange program: One academic year
- Nature of the YES Exchange Program: Fully funded
Coverage Plan and Benefits of YES Exchange Program 2022-2023:-
The exchange students of the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023 will be eligible to avail of the following benefits:
- 100% scholarship to cover one year’s tuition fee
- A monthly stipend of $125
- Full financial support in the US Visa processing procedures
- Fully covered boarding costs
- All lodging expenses covered
Note: Students under the YES Exchange Program are accommodated with a trusted foster family in the US.
Eligibility Criteria for YES Exchange Program 2022-2023:-
The YES Exchange Program does not impose any restrictions as to the race, caste, creed, or gender of the applicants. However, there is a certain criterion that must be abode by to apply to the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023.
This criterion is listed below as follows:
- The students must be from countries mentioned in the supported list (Link available at end of the article) citizens and permanent residents of the country.
- The applicants must be enrolled in secondary school in either 9th or 10th grade
- O level 9th and O level 10th grade students are also eligible to apply
- Students in high schools, that is, intermediate or A level 11th grade are not eligible to apply to the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023
- The students must have a minimum percentage of 60% in all major subjects for the last three academic years
- The students must have an average percentage of at least 60% in their English exams in the last three academic years.
- The applicants must not be less than 15 or more than 17 years of age at the time of applying to the YES Exchange Program
- The students must have the basic know-how of the English language and must be able to communicate in English
- Students who have already traveled to the US are not eligible to apply for the YES Exchange Program.
How to Apply to the US-YES Exchange Program 2022-2023:-
The applicants of the YES Exchange Program compete for a spot in the finalized list of meritorious students through a rigorous process that is entirely based on merit selection.
To apply to the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023, one must follow the following steps:
Step 1: Locate the application form:-
The first step involves visiting the official website of the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023 and clicking the apply button.
Step 2: Filling the application form:-
After finding the YES program application form, students will have to apply online by filling the form. The application link is given at the end of this article.
Step 3: Attaching documents:-
The students will then be required to attach the required documents along with their application forms.
Step 4: Fill in Contact details:-
When prompted, the applicants will be required to enter a valid email address on which they will be further contacted for an interview in case they are shortlisted.
Step 5: Attach Medical certificates:-
The applicants will have to present their records of immunization ad special immunization as required by the YES Exchange Program.
Step 6: Signing the agreement:-
Lastly, the applicants will have to sign an agreement to maintain at least a B- grade in the American High School.
Step 7: Final submission:-
The only thing that is left now is to recheck the application form and submit it online.
Documents Needed for the YES Exchange Program Application:-
The following documents are supposed to go along with the application forms for the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023:
- Written consent of the applicant’s parents allowing them to spend a year abroad in an American high school
- Result cards of the last three academic years
- Certificate of immunizations and special immunizations
- Signed agreement engaging to secure at least a B- grade in the American high school.
Deadline for application submission of YES Exchange Program 2022:-
The deadline for the YES program 2022 application submission is October 22, 2021. The results will be disclosed this year as well on the official website of the YES Exchange Program 2022-2023.